Corsa E 1.4 Ltd edition Exhaust Note

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
mattcranny4

Corsa E 1.4 Ltd edition Exhaust Note

Post by mattcranny4 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi guys,

I was at cargiant today and I was able to sit in a Vx Corsa 1.4 Limited edition and it had a noticeable rumble when starting the car and when at low-ish revs. All in all, it was lovely, it wasn't a garish "wake your neighbours up" exhaust, it just gave the limited edition the slight kick it needs.

Does anyone know of such an exhaust or even if this is an option when buying new from Vx? :)

(BU65 WXE)

mattb_srivx

Re: Corsa E 1.4 Ltd edition Exhaust Note

Post by mattb_srivx » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:20 pm

As far as I'm aware you can't spec a different exhaust on these. The VXR might be the exception, I know on the Corsa D you could get a VX approved remus on some variants that wouldn't void your warranty.

Exhausts like Cobra, Scorpion etc will probably be a bit too loud for most. I'd suspect the LE you sat in maybe had a custom back box or cat back system on. Companies like Powerflow or Longlife can make up an exhaust to be exactly what you want in terms of looks and noise.

The cheap way of doing it is removing the central silencer from the standard system and having a straight pipe welded in. You get a bit of a deeper sportier tone but it's not OTT in most cases. Would void your warranty though on anything engine/turbo related as they could argue it's messed with the back pressure.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Klesmy

Post by Klesmy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 pm

May still be the std VX exhaust. There is a thread on here about it. I know mine has a different sound to when it was new. Seems the exhaust note changes a bit once everything gets warn in. Either way a bit of a rumble is nice
MY15 1.4 na Red Sting. Team Hekos fitted

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Yeah the note will change from new, as the system will coke up (get a layer of soot/dust built up from the engine) and that generally makes the tone a bit lower/deeper. Same thing happens if you get a new stainless steel exhaust, at first they sound tinny/raspy but after a few thousand miles when they coke up they start to sound nicer.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Mine has a nice noice to it now. Turbo has more of a sound to it now and when it’s cold the car totally different. I done a video of mine last summer so I might do another and see the difference

Return to “Modifications”