Subwoofer Install

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
ethan1997may

Subwoofer Install

Post by ethan1997may » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi guys i'm new to the forum and new to owning a Corsa. I am looking at putting a subwoofer in my car as I've had one in my previous cars and they sound so much better but I don't want to cut any wires or mess with the standard head unit. Is it possible to do it? I have a 3 door LE

claytoncamilleri100

Re: Subwoofer Install

Post by claytoncamilleri100 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Yes it is totally posibble. I personally did it my corsa. I updated the stock speakers and add an 4ch amplifier for them. I also build a custom box with a pioneer TS-W311D4 sub with a Pioneer GM-D 8601 Amp mounted to the back seat. The way I did the wiring was I went to every speaker in the door and got the signal from the radio that was going to the speaker was routed through the speaker amp for all speakers and then for the sub amp I got the signal from the rear speakers. The only downside is that you still need to cut the wiring between the speaker and radio to get the signal to the amp. You will also need an amp with a internal loc or an external one to convert the high level signal to a low signal for the amp. In the end you will have a much better sound than stock. Ask me if you have any question.

ethan1997may

Re: Subwoofer Install

Post by ethan1997may » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi thats great thank you very much for your reply. I have just bought a high to low level converter but now I'm not sure on where to route my amplifier cables to I've heard you can take a feed from the fuse box for the power and the remote wire is this true? If so which fuses would you take it from? Cheers

Return to “Modifications”