Engine MODS

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
Post Reply
Prodiigy
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Engine MODS

Post by Prodiigy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello guys , I have been wondering what can be done to these engines .
Normally smaller engines can be modified but are normally harder than for example something bigger such as a 2.0
I have a 1.0T and i would like to boost it's power as much as possible. I've read on these forums that the gearbox is no good on these cars, is there anything that can be done to overcome this and possibly modify this car closer to 200bhp?Price is not the question , its just if its possible.

All feedback is appreciated.


mattb_srivx
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by mattb_srivx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Anything is possible if you've deep enough pockets!

Sadly I don't think these are quite as good as Fords Ecoboost 1.0T in terms of gains when you start to mess with them, those remap to about 155-160bhp all day long with no other mods. I think Vauxhalls 1.0T only remap to about 130bhp from what I've seen. Add a full exhaust and front mount intercooler you could maybe push 150bhp. But I'm just guessing at that, not sure anyone has done it?

To push close to 200bhp you'd be talking some serious work, probably internals to strengthen things up. The other problem you have is the gearbox on them is different to that on the 1.4T in that it was designed to be lightweight and for that engine, it's already running close to it's maximum specified torque level. So I'd imagine you'd have to have that rebuilt with stronger components or look at putting a stronger box on there from something else if it would fit.

So yes it's possible, but probably not worth it.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T


Susan44
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by Susan44 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am

Even with the factory map you are lucky to have all three pistons stay in one piece.
They have pushed a standard shopping car to 100PS as it is.
1.4 Auto SE


User avatar
FirestoneDK
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Roskilde, Denmark

Re: Engine MODS

Post by FirestoneDK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Susan44 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am
Even with the factory map you are lucky to have all three pistons stay in one piece.
They have pushed a standard shopping car to 100PS as it is.
The factory map is overly lean and the timing is overly advanced, so much that the knock sensor actually retards the ignition on 99 octane. Which most likely is why they blow up them selves.

It pushes a decent 138PS and 240NM with a "stage 1" remap.


Prodiigy
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by Prodiigy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm

thanks for the really detailed explanation mattb and also everyone else.
In conclusion it looks like im gonna be stuck with this car for another maybe 2 years untill i can get a bigger engine car ;/.
Cause i don't think you can feel the 20hp difference that a stage 1 would do. Although percentage wise its a bit of a difference.
Anyway thank you guys for your help and contributions.


mattb_srivx
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 am

I'd still say it's worth getting remapped for what it costs. It's not just about extra power for me, a remap is getting the engine to run smoother across the rev range and to the best of it's ability. But it does need to be mapped by someone who knows what they're doing on a rolling road and not just someone who sells remaps out of the boot of their car using a generic file :lol:

15-20bhp and 20-25lb-ft torque isn't bad for £350 of the queens sterling.

http://www.more-bhp.com/vauxhall-corsa- ... remap.html
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T


Prodiigy
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by Prodiigy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 pm

mattb_srivx wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 am
I'd still say it's worth getting remapped for what it costs. It's not just about extra power for me, a remap is getting the engine to run smoother across the rev range and to the best of it's ability. But it does need to be mapped by someone who knows what they're doing on a rolling road and not just someone who sells remaps out of the boot of their car using a generic file :lol:

15-20bhp and 20-25lb-ft torque isn't bad for £350 of the queens sterling.

http://www.more-bhp.com/vauxhall-corsa- ... remap.html
you actually think i could feel the difference , looking at the numbers it looks really bad but im no car expert .


mattb_srivx
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Engine MODS

Post by mattb_srivx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Prodiigy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 pm
mattb_srivx wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 am
I'd still say it's worth getting remapped for what it costs. It's not just about extra power for me, a remap is getting the engine to run smoother across the rev range and to the best of it's ability. But it does need to be mapped by someone who knows what they're doing on a rolling road and not just someone who sells remaps out of the boot of their car using a generic file :lol:

15-20bhp and 20-25lb-ft torque isn't bad for £350 of the queens sterling.

http://www.more-bhp.com/vauxhall-corsa- ... remap.html
you actually think i could feel the difference , looking at the numbers it looks really bad but im no car expert .
Yes, it's not just about the numbers as I say. A good remap will make the power smoother across the rev range and the pick up will feel a bit more eager too. £350 for 20bhp/20-25lb-ft gain isn't a bad deal in my opinion. It's the torque you will feel more so than the bhp which comes in higher up the rev range. OK it's not going to be massively faster to the point where your chasing down VXRs, but you will be able to feel the difference day to day driving.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T


Post Reply

Return to “Modifications”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests