Remap advice/reviews 1.4t

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
Bobbyt

Remap advice/reviews 1.4t

Post by Bobbyt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi,

just after feedback from people who have tuned the 1.4t (100). What are you thoughts on the map, does it feel very different to stock? Did your clutch/gearbox stand up ok?

How was mpg affected in normal driving?

Any info would be great, cheers.

Woody

Re: Remap advice/reviews 1.4t

Post by Woody » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi,

I have been running a 170bhp/270NM map for 10k miles with absolutely zero issues.

The map is night and day when compared to stock. Much more torque low down, and it pulls really strong to the red line. The engine feels like it is not being strangled and held back, when compared to the stock map. The 0-60 time is now 7 seconds which is very respectable for a 1.4T.

My gearbox/clutch have been perfect with no issues at all. The Corsa E M32 (Generation 2) gearboxes have larger bearings and improved oil galleries in the end case for better oil flow compared to the pre 2012 (Generation 1) M32 gearboxes. The updated bearings are 62 mm in diameter, while the original ones were 55 mm. They are also much thicker (17.5 mm instead of 13.7 mm). The gearbox is rated to 320NM, so a stage 1 remap is well within the manufacturers tolerances.

I am averaging 42mpg. All B road and town driving, with the occasional spirited drive.

In my opinion the car is much more enjoyable to drive now. Quick and fun, but still economical to run. A remap is the best bang for your buck you can do to this car.

Vauxhall should have offered the Corsa SRI 170 from the factory, clipping at the heels of its big brother, the VXR. I reckon it would have sold well.

Bobbyt

Post by Bobbyt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you, that was just what I was after. Sounds like money well spent 8-)

Bobbyt

Post by Bobbyt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Had the car mapped by Avon tuning in the end, car is very different to drive now.

It has lost a little low down but gained a huge amount high up. There is a little turbo lag below 3k if you're in the wrong gear but once on boost the car really picks up well. 4k plus it pulls strong which it didn't on the old map. Very impressed for the money and the wife loves extra zip.

Shame it still handles like a turd in a bath tub.