Re: Another Corsa toasted?

Post by Rickardo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Write to your MP

Speak with Trading Standards

Contact Local Newspaper

Geo

Post by Geo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Kudos to the Vauxhall MD. Emailed him yesterday and his support team called me back this morning.

Confirmed that there are no brand new 1.0T engines available. All 1.0T engines in stock are reconditioned. Although not stated, the impression I got from the call and other sources is that there will be no more brand new 1.0T engines.

Which leads me back to the, if the block is damaged it is still a faulty engine.

I'll wait and see what transpires from this.

TV, newspapers, etc. are an option but I want to explore all solutions before rejecting the car. I can reject it on the finance and credit card that was used to pay but will loose some of the money as we have had use of the car for nearly two years. Although I have indicated that the car has intermittent electrical faults from the first year which continue to occur.

Yes, all the recalls for wiring looms and software updates have been carried out but still we get the radio coming on when the boot is closed or the rear seatbelt warning coming on when there is nothing on the seat (it's a ghost).

This is what some of us would have called a Friday car a few years back.
Jan 2015 - 1st April 2016
Corsa Sting 1.4l ecoFlex 3 door
Flaming Red

1st April 2016 -
Corsa Limited Edition 1.0 Turbo 3 door
Sunny Melon/James Blonde

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:21 pm

So that must mean new 1.0T corsas are discontinued? New models next year will be Peugeot designed but it doesnt seem to be happening for MY19. And what about 10 years of spares?

Yes my R3 is up to date and no longer flattens the battery overnight but the half second of radio blast when you get out is still a feature.
1.4 Auto SE. Intellilink R3.0 software version 109.0-39112275 :geek:

Geo

Post by Geo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:09 pm

A quick update.

Mr Woodcraft at Vauxhall called yesterday to confirm that the 'new', and I use that term very loosely, reconditioned engine had arrived and had been fitted to the car. Now remember, in his own words, these engines are remanufactured to the highjest standard by Vauxhall.

So, he went on to say he had spoken to the dealer on Tuesday (11th) and they had confirmed that the engine was in and they had ordered a camshaft.

Wait one minute.... two steps back..... 'they had ordered a camshaft', yes, that bit!!!!

So. on a fully re manufactured (jetwashed out the back of the garage more like) complete engine they forgot to put a camshaft (or two) in when building it.

Phoned the dealer to discuss but the person isn't available. Phone is just ringing out. I'm waiting on them calling back.
Flaming Red

1st April 2016 -
Sunny Melon/James Blonde

stuntdouble

Post by stuntdouble » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Susan44 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:21 pm
So that must mean new 1.0T corsas are discontinued? New models next year will be Peugeot designed but it doesnt seem to be happening for MY19. And what about 10 years of spares?

Yes my R3 is up to date and no longer flattens the battery overnight but the half second of radio blast when you get out is still a feature.
Yes the 1.0 engines models have been discontinued for a few months ,unless its a vxr the only available petrol engines now are 1.4 in different states of tune.
no new model until 2020.
MY15 Excite 1.0T A/C S/S Flame Red

Geo

Post by Geo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 pm

So, the third engine has been fitted and we managed to get a test drive of the car. The engine, over the short distance (5 miles), appeared to run fine although the electrical faults with the seatbelt warning are still present.

Oh, and my Corsa is now back in the same dealer as it now has a knackered wheel bearing. 19000 miles and a wheel bearing fails. Really?

Mr Norman and Mr Woodcraft - we are not amused...

Two 2 year Corsas in the same dealers under warranty.

On another point, can anyone explain the difference between Reconditioned and Remanufactured?

Here is how Vauxhall describe them.

• A reconditioned engine is one that has been stripped, cleaned, checked and rebuilt with a mixture of new, used and reconditioned components.
• A remanufactured engine is assembled from scratch using a combination of brand new parts along with certain selected parts that have been removed from Core return engines - but only used parts that meet strict quality standards can be reused.

So one uses some new parts and reuses old parts and the other uses some new parts and reuses old parts. Oh, except the reconditioned engine has the used parts reconditioned before use where as the remanufactured engine just reuses the parts as long as they 'meet standards'.
Flaming Red

1st April 2016 -
Sunny Melon/James Blonde

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”