Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Air filter

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bruce_19 
#1 ·
Has anybody experience of using a K & N air filter. Does it improve performance and/or mpg. These things are not cheap but last for years.
Maybe that's reason enough to replace stock filter if keeping the car for a number of years. I run a 2016 plate Corsa SE. any advice appreciated.

#3 ·
K&N air filters are over rated to be honest.
Everyone uses them.
Yes it will increase performance however it won't be much.
The only serious performance gains you will see is when it gets remapped.
The air filter when out on without a map will allow the engine to breathe better however it may lose performance.

#4 ·
I will throw in my 2 cents now.

I done some tests on my old car (Astra GTC 1.4T) with standard filter, Pipercross Panel and K&N Panel.

Over a week the difference in MPG for both Panel filters over standard was 0.1 MPG so would take some time to get your money back on fuel saving.

What I did notice was the car revved more freely because of the increase in air flow, the noise is not noticeable but when testing the 0-60 times I noticed an improvement on the panel filters of 0.2 of a second quicker.

Now I ran standard car with standard air filter enclosure just changed the filters. I used an ODBII reader with an app on my phone which connects to the software to make it as accurate as I could.

Obviously with a remap and couple of other mods you would see better gains as the map would done with all the mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.