Parking sensor gripes, R3.0

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Rippel

Parking sensor gripes, R3.0

Post by Rippel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for the past week, before I bought my 15 reg Corsa SE on the weekend. So, my first post!

I have the R3.0 infotainment system, which I'm reading has had it's fair share of problems, and is also now EOL as Vx are concentrating on R4.0. I've got software version 103.2 so I've booked it back in to get the "latest" update in a couple of days, which I gather should be 106 and this should address some bugs.

My issue is with my parking sensors. They work, and I haven't yet had a frozen parking screen that other posters have mentioned, but my gripes are as follows:

1) If I disable parking sensor in the R3.0 menu (under vehicle settings > driver assists, or something like that), this magically re-enables itself on the next ignition cycle, and, I suspect possibly during the same journey when I disabled it.
I'd like to keep it disabled but turn it on when I need it by using the P button beside the screen.
2) Should it be giving me the constant tone (ie. panic mode) when there seems to be about 30cm range between my car and the object? I was hoping panic mode wouldn't kick in until about 20cm.
3) Why does it have to be quite so loud? I have notification tones set to "normal" in the menu, with the only other option being "high".

Can anyone confirm if any of those are addressed in updates after 103.2? I can take it if 2) and 3) are by-design by someone with more safety sense than me, but I'd like to assume that when I turn off the sensors in the menu, they should stay off unless I turn them on.

Thanks!

mattb_srivx

Re: Parking sensor gripes, R3.0

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:41 pm

I don't think any of the updates amended the way the parking sensors work. More to fix the horriffic freezing issues and other random problems.

I saw a video other day of a lad who's R3.0 radio would only give out sound with the left/right indicators on, soon as he cancelled them it went quiet :lol:
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Rippel what you describe is "normal" and no updates have addressed the terrible design (I use that word reluctantly)
R3 is total shite. Otherwise a great car.
1.4 Auto SE

Rippel

Post by Rippel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:35 am

Arg, I suspected as much. At least I should have the latest software update tomorrow, whether that be 106 or 105 as some posters say is all they're offered. Hopefully some other bugs will be fixed before I've even come across them...

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 am

Didn't think you could permanently disable the parking sensors as they are a safety feature

Rippel

Post by Rippel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Well, I got the latest R3.0 update today (109 if anyone's interested, I thought 106 was the latest...)

It doesn't make any change to the disable parking assist option in the R3.0 menu - ie. it still resets back to ON after the ignition is turned off.

Oh well. At the least I have the latest software, and presumably shouldn't experience some of the other bugs I've heard about.

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Thats interesting, mines ver 105 and when I asked about an update to 106 when I first got the car they said it was on the latest version. So they must have done some more tweaks since then.

Think I might request them check it again or take it to another dealer.

You noticed any additional features? Must admit now the nights getting darker it would be nice to be able to turn the screen OFF like you can with the R4.0.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Rippel

Post by Rippel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm

I haven't noticed anything new, but I only had the previous software for less than a week so didn't know it well enough to notice any changes.

Here's a video I uploaded showing the Settings menu after the update. Let me know if you'd like me to check anything else.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/aEQqEOz07xE[/youtube]

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for that, I didn't spot the display off setting. It's usually just on the second page of the main settings menu on the R4.0 if I remember correctly.

Now I've the software version code I'll be demanding my dealer updates mine from 105.something. They wanted me to take it back in January after winter for a check/see what they can try to fleece me for, so they can check and update that while it's in lol.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”