Intellilink Software Upgrades

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Jarviser

Re: Intellilink Software Upgrades

Post by Jarviser » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:35 pm

I find it difficult to separate the two. Two names for the same thing. It comes out on one piece AFAIK.

tynamic

Post by tynamic » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:16 am

After 2 years since i've purchased my E my car is a total electronic disaster, my local dealer replaced my intellink unit not even a month ago and i asked them if they could fit the 4.0 instead of the bugged my 15 version, they said it was impossible to fit in the car, altough, i had my serious doubts that it wasnt possible after reading this i'm now very angry with the situation because everytime the car goes to the dealer comes out the same with new software updates but the problems always stay there.

The only problem ever solved was negative temp reading and tyre pressure warning on all 4 tyres.

the list includes:

Parking sensors

(showing the only Rear sensor image tough i have F/R sensors and the radio freezes until i stop and get it in reverse again)
(sensors going from yellow to red altough there is absolutely nothing in front of the car and the car is parked with E-brake on)

Light Sensor: Driving with the lights on even tough the weather is sunny and even if i turn the auto mode on and off several times with sun directly hitting the windscreen

Blind spot warning on the mirrors blinking for nothing on empty road/ freeway and then rebooting sometimes

Engine Temperature indicating 90 C after 100-200 meters of travel and then either going back to 0 C or to the 70 C mark

when i turn on the car the radio mutes itself altough the mute icon is grey and i havent pressed the button

rising the volume on the steering wheel and after long stoped pressing the + button the volume keeps going up until i press -

And so on.... i could be here all night to be honest...
Corsa E 1.0 Turbo 115

tynamic

Post by tynamic » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:18 am

Condicki wrote:INTELLILINK FINALLY FIXED!!! YOU DON'T NEED THE UPGRADES, YOU NEED A NEW RADIO

I've had nothing but problems with my corsa since I bought in March 2015;

Intellilink stuck on badge
Intellilink on daylight mode at night with headlights on - work nights so like opening your phone half asleep on full brightness
Not playing music and nothing responding to touch, then when indicating it suddenly blares out music?!
Indicator not making any noise - dealership turned the volume up for me to which I replied, are you really insulting me by implying that I'm either deaf or stupid?
Had to always turn car off, keys out the ignition, start all over again to try and reset the stupid thing

In garage 15 times and each time "we've plugged it in to the computer and there's no fault"

18 months on decided to try a new garage, guy new straight away what it was. He said it's not intellilink that's the problem, the software is fine hence no fault as that is the fascia to the radio. It's that you have a faulty radio, not intellilink, which also explains the indicator problems as that runs off the radio.

Replaced the actual radio behind the touchscreen fascia and haven't had a problem since! From 3 times a week for the last 18 months to literally zero problems.

He couldnt believe that the dealership wouldn't check the actual radio and said it's a renowned problem with the new corsas.

Long post but I hope this helps someone who has had to deal with the same madness as me for nearly 2 years!
your saga seems like mine altough they already replaced the radio and the problems are still there :(
Corsa E 1.0 Turbo 115

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 am

My R3 had two software updates which fixed nothing. They replaced the whole unit which had the same hardware code and software version. (You can call it the radio or you can call it intellilink, its one monolythic pice of hardware).
The replacement fixed nothing except I no longer lose the sound of the turn indicators or steering wheel controls. All other quirks like refusing to come on, only sounding for 5 seconds unless you constantly select station (that was a brand new fault last week), staying dark in the day, staying blindingly bright at night, and once staying on all night and draining the battery - all still happen at random times and are always reset by turning off and locking the car for 35 sec , ie rebooting the unit. That is software instability in my book. No SW updates for R3 sre available - they made that clear. Live with it mate.
linking phone by bluetooth increases rhe frequency of glitches as does doing anything unusual like getting out of the car with the keys in. Yes that is not really unusual but the designers seem to expect the driver to be the last one out and lock the door or else you can expect crap from the unit. Once the shopping is out of the boot (corsas are basically shopping cars, just some have fancy body kits) I always open and close drivers door before locking and waiting 35 sec for the handbrake light to go out. Then Intelly will usually be ok next time.
Dealers cannot fix intermittent faults ar the best of times and intermittent software instabilities are beyond them. R3 is a POS but it seems R4 with its OTA updates can be a bigger POS.
Although I have owned only Vauxhalls since 1973 the Toyota is looking ever more tempting.

FirestoneDK

Post by FirestoneDK » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Reading about all these problems makes me happy i chose the CD 3.0 BT radio instead of the intellilink.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Agreed the basic radio is a lot easier to use, I much preferred it while in the curtessy sting r over and above. The intelligent link.

Having said that though since getting a Jappenese càr no faults. Vauxhall and dealership has put off one customer from not so long ago fiasco.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:17 am

Jarviser wrote:......
The replacement fixed nothing except I no longer lose the sound of the turn indicators or steering wheel controls. ......
I was a bit previous with that comment. This Tuesday I stopped to pick up a friend to go to our evening club. I stupidly left the keys in the ignition with the engine off while he opened the boot to put in his kit then he got in the passenger door. For the rest of the trip the steering wheel volume and mute controls were disabled. It really doesn't take much to upset the stupid Intellilink. Remember this is a replacement unit. All was well when we came back home after locking the car for a couple of hours.

manosrwd

Post by manosrwd » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello.
I have a version 103, can i update software?
And where or how?

Opel Corsa E 2015
Intellilink 3.0

Jerdan

Post by Jerdan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:13 am

I have a Opel Adam with 3.0 system anywane have the latest firmware?

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”