vauxhall intellilink Changes

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Sosimple

Re: vauxhall intellilink Changes

Post by Sosimple » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 am

cmartino has published many videos of his work.. He is not obligated to publishe his work for free..
After all he has spend many many many hours for this, so if he wants to make some money from his work, he has the right for this. I don't have any doubt what he is writing is true.

KingCraigx

Post by KingCraigx » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 am

Susan44 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm
cmartino wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm
Susan44 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am
First use the forum search for the word "bricked". That should throw up the risks involved.
Secondly Win CE uses a mix of plain text files (the ones you have been able to alter and change background) and compiled object files. To modify the latter files would require the source code, which is unavailable, and so major modification is not available to the general public.
That would be incorrect Susan, if you have a low ASM programming ability it is entirely possible. I’ve ran my own .NET 2.0 DLLs hooking onto the GMLan dll to interface with the canbus, you need to modify the registry to allow the cab installer to force the relevant net version on though.
Publish a full tutorial then clever clogs.
:lol: :lol: He's already posted proof on Facebook, doesn't mean he's just going to give it to you for free!
White Corsa 1.4 N/A LE w/ Sports Pack/ Ramair Intake/ Cobra Sports Exhaust

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Facefook - you can keep it.
I was just looking at his 4 youtube videos. Well 1 video and 3 clickbaits. :roll:
i like people who show how to do stuff, not just show off what they did in mysterious fashion.
Im sure GM made him very very clever though. I haven't enough years left for his first million.
1.4 Auto SE. Smellylink R3.0

KingCraigx

Post by KingCraigx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am

Susan44 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:22 pm
Facefook - you can keep it.
I was just looking at his 4 youtube videos. Well 1 video and 3 clickbaits. :roll:
i like people who show how to do stuff, not just show off what they did in mysterious fashion.
Im sure GM made him very very clever though. I haven't enough years left for his first million.
I can taste the salt from here... 'ol Susan sounds a tad jealous ;) :lol:
White Corsa 1.4 N/A LE w/ Sports Pack/ Ramair Intake/ Cobra Sports Exhaust

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 pm

There are people who show the world what they have done and others who show the world how they did it.
I question the value of the former, applaud the latter for sharing their knowledge, but "jealous" of neither.

cmartino

Post by cmartino » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Only just picked up on this post as I've been inactive for a short while. Susan, the videos you're referring to as "Clickbait" aren't meant to be publicly listed, I'm not a YouTube partner and don't make money from the video so what benefit would I gain from your views.

All the tutorials will be getting posted in due course. I'm working on R4 retrofitting guide and loom wiring, I am in the process of making a modification blog in respects to all variants of the R3/R4 so everything will be available then. You don't need to be so sour about it.
Vauxhall Master Technician Certified

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm

This all started when I said major modificalion is unavailable to the general public.
You said I was wrong then came out with the .dll story.
General public do not have access to the GMLan and the modules you describe, do they?

If they are GM proprietary software onjects I doubt if you could release them.

So was I incorrect? Release the .dlls and prove me incorrect.

All the money making bullshit came from your supporters not me. I did watch an advert before your 2015 video so they are making money even if you aren't.

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Susan44 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm
This all started when I said major modificalion is unavailable to the general public.
General public do not have access to the GMLan and the modules you describe, do they?

If they are GM proprietary software objects I doubt if you could release them.

All the money making bullshit came from your supporters not me. I did watch an advert before your 2015 video so they are making money even if you aren't.

cmartino

Post by cmartino » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Susan44 wrote:

Nobody is saying I have the source to the GMLan driver DLL. I don't. What I am saying is that you can inject at runtime your own DLL and hook onto all the methods in the GMLan dll and invoke them via proxy. Its relatively simple to do, you rename the GMLAN dll, name your own DLL as the GMLan dll was, then hook onto the renamed driver, walaaa you have runtime memory access.

I've done loads on both the R3/R4 units. I'll be getting proper videos up soon. I'm writing a blog with everything on.
Vauxhall Master Technician Certified

Develectron

Post by Develectron » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 pm

cmartino wrote:
Susan44 wrote:

Nobody is saying I have the source to the GMLan driver DLL. I don't. What I am saying is that you can inject at runtime your own DLL and hook onto all the methods in the GMLan dll and invoke them via proxy. Its relatively simple to do, you rename the GMLAN dll, name your own DLL as the GMLan dll was, then hook onto the renamed driver, walaaa you have runtime memory access.

I've done loads on both the R3/R4 units. I'll be getting proper videos up soon. I'm writing a blog with everything on.
I'm a semi hacker, and i would live to read your blog about what you did with the r4.0 i allready looked into the developer options and what files the linux system uses there indeed is some interesting things in it.
Allready tried to connect a usb lan into the usb port to find out if it would get a ip adress and i could port scan it,but no ports are open.
Could you explain more about the dll and how to setup the proxy server!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”