Heated screen not working

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
nexo598

Heated screen not working

Post by nexo598 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi all, am looking for thoughts on this one pls.

So, the other day I had an issue with the electric windows and mirrors in that if I used then they would blow a fuse (number 39 on the internal panel which is a 7.5 amp fuse), I replaced this and it blew again......checked them all and replaced and all seems ok only now neither of the mirrors will turn inwards or upwards. To add to this the heated front & rear screens button now doesn't work nor will the ac button, blower etc on the centre panel all working fine!!!!!
Please, any experience or ideas to maybe save me a diagnostic trip?

Bogbrush

Re: Heated screen not working

Post by Bogbrush » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:26 am

I cannot help you with a specific fix, but fuses only blow if they are overloaded either by a short circuit somewhere or because a component has started to consume current at a vastly higher rate than it should.

If you asked an auto electrician to work through the problem he would methodically check all the circuits feeding from fuse 39 with a multimeter.

Bear in mind that a fault can lie within a component or in the wiring to it (or both!). Most pro operators have equipment which can pinpoint exactly where breaks in cables are. An example is the now discontinued Sealey FF310. This avoids the expense of blindly replacing an entire loom.
2018 1.4T

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”