Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Keep losing phone signal when connected via bluetooth

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gooner2305 
#1 ·
Hi All, Newbie here looking for some assistance.
I own a 2016 Vauxhall Corsa Elite and am having issues with my phone connection to the radio.
The issue is that after every call i make the radio shows that I have no signal, the aerial icon has a red cross next to it.
If I then try to make a call it fails yet if someone calls me the call can be answered successfully and I can talk with no issues.
If I disconnect the device via the bluetooth menu and reconnect it the signal restores but fails again after the next call.
I am using a OnePlus 6T phone and have no issues connecting to anything else.
Just wondered if anyone had any advice other than getting a better phone of course.
Thanks

#2 ·
Another phone paired to your car works fine ?

If yes, then I'd change the phone.

If no, then there's something going on with the car systems. You have a petrol car?, if so, did you change the spark-plugs by any chance ? OEM spark plugs have a resistor in it, which lowers radio interference from the running engine. If you went after-market without the resistor, this can account for some issues.Does the call go through with the engine turned off ?

Maybe onestar (if you have) is malfunctioning and over-powering the phone signal in some way, can you turn it off and test?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

My old HTC phone worked ok.
Not had anything changed and it has been serviced by vauxhall so should be using OEM parts.
Calls from my mobile are ok with engine turned off but not using the car hands free.
Will try using hands free with the engine turned off an see what happens.
I have nester but do not have a subscription. How do you turn it off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.