Multiple faults

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
oliverlewisfrost

Multiple faults

Post by oliverlewisfrost » Tue May 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Over the last 2 weeks my 15 plate Corsa E has had multiple faults.
Firstly, whenever I put the car in reverse, the infotainment screen brings up a message on a full black screen saying “service rear vision system” , (I don’t have any camera installed”.
Secondly, some of the steering wheel controls have stopped working. The volume up down & skip / answer phone section.
Lastly the ambient outside temperature on the infotainment screen no longer shows.
I’m fairly new to driving have had the car around a year.
I have no idea if all these small faults are all linked or just singular issues that have just arisen in the last few weeks.
Thanks for any help,
Ollie

Rickardo

Re: Multiple faults

Post by Rickardo » Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 am

Sounds like the Intellilink system needs flashing i.e. software update

You will have the older 3.0 version

VX will want to charge around £125-£150 for the privilege

FirestoneDK

Post by FirestoneDK » Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for half an hour. This resets the CAN bus network and the radio entirely. Then take it from there, and see how the electronics behave.

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 pm

FirestoneDK wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 pm
Try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for half an hour. This resets the CAN bus network and the radio entirely. Then take it from there, and see how the electronics behave.
Or if you can't be bothered to wait, simply touch the VE+ to Negative leads together, which will do the same thing in a fraction of a second. (We have Range Rovers on the drive, and this is a common problem with CAN)
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)