Rattles! Rattles everywhere!

Interior and Exterior bodywork
jamesholland

Rattles! Rattles everywhere!

Post by jamesholland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi all!

I’m new to this forum. I have a 16 reg 3-door Corsa Limited Edition. This is my first Vauxhall after getting rid of my little Peugeot 208 because things were heading south. I’m starting to regret getting rid of my little Pug (affectionately called Edwina)

I got the Corsa in May and the cars been back in a couple of times. The first time I brought it in was due to noises in the door. I’ve since discovered apparently this is due to a wiring loom problem. They fixed it in the drivers door no problem. It’s now started in the passenger door over the past couple of days. Good thing it’s already booked in for 4th November!

My main problem is the dash rattles like f**k. I literally can’t even drown it out with my music because it gets louder along with the music. I gave the dash a whack once and it seemed to resolve it, until 10 minutes down the road. It’s mainly on the passenger side close to the dash. Somebody suggested it could be the wipers but continues to rattle in the same spot with the wipers on.

Has anybody challenged Vauxhall or successfully had them fix it? The last time I brought it in the guy said that they “can’t start taking the dash apart because it could start more problems” which after I drove 5 mins down the road thought was absolute tripe. Just needing to know what to say to them! Has anybody had similar experiences?

Jammers

Re: Rattles! Rattles everywhere!

Post by Jammers » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Sorry but I have no such problems with mine.

worf105

Post by worf105 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I have got a rattle/knocking coming from the drivers door or pillar on that same side. Rattle / vibration behind the heating control panel in the morning when cold but goes when warm. Bought the car new this year and its only done 2800 miles.
Corsa 3dr Energy 1.4i (90PS) Ecoflex in Royal Blue

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Have a look under the passenger seat and see if you've got one of those stupid hidden tray things.

Mine started rattling like mad a few months ago and it was driving me up the wall, after a bit of investigation I found some sort of tray thing I'm guessing is to hide sat navs in and what not under the passenger seat.

Removed that and it's silent now! Might be worth a look see if yours is the same issue.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

jezyg

Post by jezyg » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 am

Try cleaning ALL of the door seals, they can be the cause of what sounds lie a rattle but is the door seals...

First just wash with soap and water. You can it the problem persists use a silicone based cleaner, ie tyre shine, back to black even pledge.

That should allow you to detect if there is an internal rattle door cards being another potential source after door seals.

VFR800

Post by VFR800 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am

Have a look at the plastic cover between the windscreen and the engine bay. It can produce a really high squeaky rattle that from inside of the car seems to come from the dash (in my case it seemed to come from between the A-pillar and center part of the dash). In my case the rattle disappeared when I moved the whole cover around a bit, but sadly it wasn't a permanent fix. Next up is some WD-40 around the lower edge of the windscreen, to remove dirt where the plastic cover covers the glass edge.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”