Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Steering wheel swap?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mattb_srivx 
#1 ·
Alright lads I'm planning on upgrading from my E to a vxr nurburgring but The interiors dire! Does anyone know if a E vxr will physically fit a D??? I'm guessing the controls will be rendered useless but the steering wheel of the D is enough to put me off buying one :lol:

Thanks

#2 ·
I really doubt it to be fair. All the electronics will be wildly different for one. I used to have a Corsa D VXR Nurburgring. Very capable cars!

Sadly the interior on them is showing it's age, have to remember the Corsa D first came out in 07 and the interior was probably designed a couple of years before being released! So going on 10-12 years old.

When I was on the vxronline forum, there were quite a lot of things people did to customise the interior. Full SMD LED conversion looked quite good on some cars and you can choose what ever colour or colours you want. You can also get gauge kits to convert a couple of the air vents to hold things like boost and oil pressure gauges which can look quite good. You can also take the circle rings out from them and colour them however you want. Lots of ideas and pictures.

Recommend signing up if you haven't already, it's a lot more active than this forum too.

#4 ·
mattb_srivx said:
I really doubt it to be fair. All the electronics will be wildly different for one. I used to have a Corsa D VXR Nurburgring. Very capable cars!

Sadly the interior on them is showing it's age, have to remember the Corsa D first came out in 07 and the interior was probably designed a couple of years before being released! So going on 10-12 years old.

When I was on the vxronline forum, there were quite a lot of things people did to customise the interior. Full SMD LED conversion looked quite good on some cars and you can choose what ever colour or colours you want. You can also get gauge kits to convert a couple of the air vents to hold things like boost and oil pressure gauges which can look quite good. You can also take the circle rings out from them and colour them however you want. Lots of ideas and pictures.

Recommend signing up if you haven't already, it's a lot more active than this forum too.
Cheers for the fast reply mate think I'm just gonna take the plunge, take a compromise on the interior and look into the things you mentioned after all it is a corsa if I wanted luxury I'd go for an Audi etc

#5 ·
You won't be disappointed, they are fantastic to drive. I was gutted to have to sell mine but with buying my first house I couldn't justify keeping something like that. Maybe in a few years I'll have something nice again!

The levels of grip coming out of corners is immense with the drexler diff and handling wise it's very capable. It almost defies logic the grip you have. The brembo brakes are also pretty decent and a massive improvement over the standard callipers on normal Corsa's. Have to get some pictures up when you get it. What colour you going for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.