Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Rattles! Rattles everywhere!

16K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Corsa90000 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. I have a 16 reg 3-door Corsa Limited Edition. This is my first Vauxhall after getting rid of my little Peugeot 208 because things were heading south. I'm starting to regret getting rid of my little Pug (affectionately called Edwina)

I got the Corsa in May and the cars been back in a couple of times. The first time I brought it in was due to noises in the door. I've since discovered apparently this is due to a wiring loom problem. They fixed it in the drivers door no problem. It's now started in the passenger door over the past couple of days. Good thing it's already booked in for 4th November!

My main problem is the dash rattles like f**k. I literally can't even drown it out with my music because it gets louder along with the music. I gave the dash a whack once and it seemed to resolve it, until 10 minutes down the road. It's mainly on the passenger side close to the dash. Somebody suggested it could be the wipers but continues to rattle in the same spot with the wipers on.

Has anybody challenged Vauxhall or successfully had them fix it? The last time I brought it in the guy said that they "can't start taking the dash apart because it could start more problems" which after I drove 5 mins down the road thought was absolute tripe. Just needing to know what to say to them! Has anybody had similar experiences?

See less See more
#3 ·
I have got a rattle/knocking coming from the drivers door or pillar on that same side. Rattle / vibration behind the heating control panel in the morning when cold but goes when warm. Bought the car new this year and its only done 2800 miles.

#4 ·
Have a look under the passenger seat and see if you've got one of those stupid hidden tray things.

Mine started rattling like mad a few months ago and it was driving me up the wall, after a bit of investigation I found some sort of tray thing I'm guessing is to hide sat navs in and what not under the passenger seat.

Removed that and it's silent now! Might be worth a look see if yours is the same issue.

#5 ·
Try cleaning ALL of the door seals, they can be the cause of what sounds lie a rattle but is the door seals...

First just wash with soap and water. You can it the problem persists use a silicone based cleaner, ie tyre shine, back to black even pledge.

That should allow you to detect if there is an internal rattle door cards being another potential source after door seals.

#6 ·
Have a look at the plastic cover between the windscreen and the engine bay. It can produce a really high squeaky rattle that from inside of the car seems to come from the dash (in my case it seemed to come from between the A-pillar and center part of the dash). In my case the rattle disappeared when I moved the whole cover around a bit, but sadly it wasn't a permanent fix. Next up is some WD-40 around the lower edge of the windscreen, to remove dirt where the plastic cover covers the glass edge.

#7 ·
Just thought I'd post my rattles as I get closer to 10k miles

1. Glove compartment area, muffled rattle when going over certain roads/bumps

Was caused by: small coin in the back of the compartment and a plastic Jar of Orbit chewing gum, kept in said compartment

2. Insidious plastic-y rattle near the center console, would appear on less maintained roads, more obvious on lower speeds
Was caused by: 0.5l plastic water bottle kept in the cup holder cradle, the one under the AC controls. The water bottle would touch ever so slightly the bottom trim, and it was enough for it to rattle around

3. to be continued

#8 ·
VFR800 said:
Have a look at the plastic cover between the windscreen and the engine bay. It can produce a really high squeaky rattle that from inside of the car seems to come from the dash (in my case it seemed to come from between the A-pillar and center part of the dash). In my case the rattle disappeared when I moved the whole cover around a bit, but sadly it wasn't a permanent fix. Next up is some WD-40 around the lower edge of the windscreen, to remove dirt where the plastic cover covers the glass edge.
Take care with WD40. It is mostly paraffin with some heavy mineral oil mixed in. Prefer spray silicone, even Mr Sheen, less damaging to the plastic and rubber.

#9 ·
We drive on Norfolk roads most of these are rough , we don't have any rattles thank goodness.

For lubricant I use BALLISTOL.

I use this on Gun internals & exterior, where there is all-sorts of rubber and silicone seals and washers and springs , no damage in 20 years.

#10 ·
john002 said:
We drive on Norfolk roads most of these are rough , we don't have any rattles thank goodness.

For lubricant I use BALLISTOL.

I use this on Gun internals & exterior, where there is all-sorts of rubber and silicone seals and washers and springs , no damage in 20 years.
Ballistol? phew stinky!! White liquid paraffin B.P. is the same thing without stinking of liquorice-eating sheepdogs! They add rust inhibitor and "aroma" .

#11 ·
Hi

Can anyone help I have a corsa 1.4T limited edition 2015 model and dash/drivers door have started making rattling noise when i am driving gets lounder when i am driver faster. anyone know what the issue is? also the oustide pertrol lid is loose so when it rains water gets inside although the actual black fuel cap is ok. could i get these fixed under warranty? as its runs out in may so want to get all the problems sorted out

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.