Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Windscreen wiper banging against A pillar?

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pericardium 
#1 ·
Hey there,

I'm having an issue with my windscreen wiper blade intermittently banging against the A pillar, or at least that's what I think it's doing. When it reaches its peak it seems to make a thud/clunking noise every now and then, roughly every three wipes or so. I notice it most when the screen is not very damp (though I have automatic wipers enabled so hey ho).

Vehicle is a 2015 Corsa Excite.

Only just purchased the damn thing so I hope this is a simple fix! I've tried removing the wiper blade and repositioning it to no avail.

All help is appreciated :)

#3 ·
Mine did the same, I undone the nut which holds the wiper blade arm on and turned it, it's like a tooth design, so just turned it one notch clockwise and that fixed it.

Easy job to do, just a little tricky getting the wiper arm off, one good pull should do the trick.

#4 ·
yes same problem here, I cant see it hitting the A pillar but its clunking on something so it must be as nothing else around for it too hit!
bought some cheap aftermarket wipers and the issue dissapeared but they are squeaky so might take the nut off turn it a notch and refit the originals :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.