Replacement tyre repair kit sealant

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis
pericardium

Replacement tyre repair kit sealant

Post by pericardium » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:49 am

Hello,

Any ideas where I can get some replacement sealant/whether I need to get some genuine Vauxhall stuff or whether any old stuff will do? I've looked into getting a spare wheel instead but that seems a right old faff as well.

Thanks!

Rickardo

Re: Replacement tyre repair kit sealant

Post by Rickardo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Any sealant should do although tyre fitters will love you when it comes to replacing the tyre

Only issue with spare is if you want matching alloy wheel with regards to protective rubber mat and TPMS as if you want to use the spare like a normal wheel you have to consider getting a sensor fitted and genuine ones are around £50 mark. You need a pairing tool as well

I have full sized 16 inch steel spare wheel and in the 4 years of owning the car have never needed to use it as luckliy have had slow punctures that have been repaired before it went completely flat

pericardium

Post by pericardium » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Rickardo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:28 pm
Any sealant should do although tyre fitters will love you when it comes to replacing the tyre

Only issue with spare is if you want matching alloy wheel with regards to protective rubber mat and TPMS as if you want to use the spare like a normal wheel you have to consider getting a sensor fitted and genuine ones are around £50 mark. You need a pairing tool as well

I have full sized 16 inch steel spare wheel and in the 4 years of owning the car have never needed to use it as luckliy have had slow punctures that have been repaired before it went completely flat
I think I will look into getting a steel wheel instead. It would only be put on temporarily in the event of needing to change until I can get to a garage, so TPMS not working shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Can you point me in the right direction for getting one? Or should any old tyre shop do?

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:26 pm

pericardium wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:07 pm
Rickardo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Can you point me in the right direction for getting one? Or should any old tyre shop do?
Go to a tyre shop and just get a second hand one + decent used tyre as no point buying new