Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Suspension Problems

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tynamic 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

So the last few days i've been driving my E around something about the car feels wierd... People kept telling me it was in my head blah blah but today noticed a wierd sound coming from the back of the car as if in certain situations something was boucing against the car is it possible that the rear suspension is giving away?

The car only has 19000 miles on it has anyone experience problems with the suspension?

Honestly if it is the suspension i would be disapointed even further with the car besides the electronic problems the intellitrash has since i bought the car brand new 2 years ago, i am super carefull when it comes to bumps, holes etc on the road.

#2 ·
Without having a look it could be anything. Loose/rattling bump stop, failing strut, snapped spring etc. Not what you'd expect on a 2 year old car mind but it can happen. If you don't trust VX not to rip you off or give a fair diagnosis take it to an independent and ask for a report on the suspension. You might be able to claim on warranty with it being low mileage and 2 years old but they have been known to cite wear and tear to try and avoid having to do suspension related jobs unless you can prove it's a manufacturing defect.

#3 ·
It's going for the 2nd year service on Tuesday I'll ask them to check if there is something wrong under the car altough their opinion is kinda, meh tbh, because in 2 whole years they managed to solve 1 problem in the car when it has 6 or 7 chronic problems.

#5 ·
joeboy said:
on my second service I was told that my rear passenger side shock absorber was weeping.

I have to book it in to get it looked at again.

That was 4 months ago. :lol:
:lol: :lol: My car has been in the shop since Tuesday and they still have no news to give me on what's causing the rattle

#6 ·
As it turns out my 2 front suspension coils need to be replaced, aparently the right side one was nearly gone and the left one was going the same place.
All to be replaced under warranty thank god, but i can't believe how on such low mileage the suspension needs replacement....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.