Wipers

Suggestions & Help using the Corsa E Forums
Redshoes

Wipers

Post by Redshoes » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi everybody new here I'm having problems with my rain sensitive wipers .whatever I do they don't seem to work they come on once and don't come on after that no matter what speed I set them at . Am I missing something in the settings or anything . Thanks for looking .

Jerry

Re: Wipers

Post by Jerry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 pm

The switch has to be in the int position for the auto wipers to work, make sure that you haven't put it in the off position.
Corsa SE 1.4T 5 Door Peppermint Green

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:57 am

Your driver info screen tells you when it's on after you move the stick to int too
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Do auto wipers just do intermittent, or do they turn right on to wipe continuously when it rains hard enough? Mine don't and it seems pointless to have auto wipers, lol!
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 pm

LeachiE wrote:Do auto wipers just do intermittent, or do they turn right on to wipe continuously when it rains hard enough? Mine don't and it seems pointless to have auto wipers, lol!
They're meant to do all the wiping themselves, so the more it rains they're meant to wipe faster (in theory) I know it does when using my mums mini but can't comment on a corsa.
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

hendry

Post by hendry » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:35 am

Mines work fairly well, they do get faster the more it rains and theres a dial to increase/decrease sensitivity. I also like the fact that they've now made it so if you leave the stalk one notch up permanently you never have to change it. On the Corsa D for example you would flick the stalk up once to put the wipers on auto but youd have to do that every time the ignition was switched off and then on again, on the E once it's in the auto position that's it until you physically change it.

Only complaint is sometimes if I go out to work in the morning and theres condensation on the Windscreen the rain sensors sometimes don't pick this up so I need to manually override to get a 1 wipe action to clear the screen of water. Other than that mine work really well and I wouldn't have a car without them tbh.
2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX 3 Door SRi

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 am

Mine work fine - they do let the screen fill up sometimes before they do wipe though. You have to remember that the sensor is at the top of the windscreen, so if the rain doesn't hit that as much as the rest of the screen then it won't wipe.

You have to have them on their fastest setting for them to go into constant mode, otherwise they stay intermittent even when it's raining hard.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

Return to “Website Issues”