Intellink update

Suggestions & Help using the Corsa E Forums
Bylica

Re: Intellink update

Post by Bylica » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:00 pm

and thats what they reply when i said my decision to purchase corsa was partly based on infotainment system which i was told will develop in future with new apps

This decision to terminate the app store development was made in early 2015 and if you feel the car was sold to you based on this I would now need to refer you back to your selling dealership as your contract of sale is with them

So they new they are going to dump this system in early 2015 but to sell the cars they keep the mouth shut
Corsa 1.4 Excite automatic

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Bylica wrote:and thats what they reply when i said my decision to purchase corsa was partly based on infotainment system which i was told will develop in future with new apps

This decision to terminate the app store development was made in early 2015 and if you feel the car was sold to you based on this I would now need to refer you back to your selling dealership as your contract of sale is with them

So they new they are going to dump this system in early 2015 but to sell the cars they keep the mouth shut
Wow hang on a moment. They never told us this? Well obviously not... else you'd not have bought a vehicle knowing it's going to die along with their new system being released. I'm appalled, what do they really expect the dealer to do?
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:31 am

Technically it's misadvertising and therefore a false sale so if you really wanted to, you could probably force them to terminate the deal.

Not too fussed about it tbh. It's just a fancy headunit - that's all it ever was.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

Richard_D

Post by Richard_D » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:13 am

Not too fussed about it tbh. It's just a fancy headunit - that's all it ever was.
Same here it does what I want loads more than my last car radio did.
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey

Skippy

Re: Intellink update (Class Action Lawsuit?)

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:53 pm

And sound quality is decent enough being dab. Would've been good to mirror the phone..
Vx maybe think of opening up the development environment to developers?

Opel/vx were going to have an app store and open a couple of programming APIs for developers.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/gen ... than-ever/

And here they're campaigning GM for the navi Intellilink 900 to be developed.
https://www.change.org/p/general-motors ... vi-900-que

So all in all pretty pitiful state of affairs.

Class Action Lawsuit for the NAVI Unit and 202 people on the spreadsheet.
https://www.change.org/p/general-motors ... u/14288170

What an idea!

Matthew

Re: Intellink update (Class Action Lawsuit?)

Post by Matthew » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Skippy wrote:And sound quality is decent enough being dab. Would've been good to mirror the phone..
Vx maybe think of opening up the development environment to developers?

Opel/vx were going to have an app store and open a couple of programming APIs for developers.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/gen ... than-ever/

And here they're campaigning GM for the navi Intellilink 900 to be developed.
https://www.change.org/p/general-motors ... vi-900-que

So all in all pretty pitiful state of affairs.

Class Action Lawsuit for the NAVI Unit and 202 people on the spreadsheet.
https://www.change.org/p/general-motors ... u/14288170

What an idea!

What exactly is that lawsuit / change.org link about cause it has a poor explanation?

Bit awkward it's just about the Navi 900/950 but someone should really setup an overall Intellilink group as it affects us ALL not just one model. Or atleast a Corsa one.
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

hendry

Post by hendry » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Just a thought but what happens if one of us has a fault with ur R3.0 Intellilink and it cannot be fixed and requires a replacement unit, do you think they will still continue to produce the older unit for if any of us need a new one (in much the same way they probably continue to produce CD30 units for the Corsa D evn though it's out of production in case anyone needs a new one) or do you think they would replace it with the new model R4.0 unit which supersedes it?
2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX 3 Door SRi

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 pm

hendry wrote:Just a thought but what happens if one of us has a fault with ur R3.0 Intellilink and it cannot be fixed and requires a replacement unit, do you think they will still continue to produce the older unit for if any of us need a new one (in much the same way they probably continue to produce CD30 units for the Corsa D evn though it's out of production in case anyone needs a new one) or do you think they would replace it with the new model R4.0 unit which supersedes it?
Someone punch their intellilink and find out? :lol:
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

tynamic

Post by tynamic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:48 pm

LimeyUK wrote:
hendry wrote:Just a thought but what happens if one of us has a fault with ur R3.0 Intellilink and it cannot be fixed and requires a replacement unit, do you think they will still continue to produce the older unit for if any of us need a new one (in much the same way they probably continue to produce CD30 units for the Corsa D evn though it's out of production in case anyone needs a new one) or do you think they would replace it with the new model R4.0 unit which supersedes it?
Someone punch their intellilink and find out? :lol:
Yes please someone just punch it and find out what comes out of it :lol:
Corsa E 1.0 Turbo 115

Return to “Website Issues”