Intellink update

Suggestions & Help using the Corsa E Forums
Skippy

Re: Intellink update

Post by Skippy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Matthew wrote:
butler1233 wrote:I'm fairly certain its in writing somewhere that there will be updates or new apps. Not certain, but I hope so. I've had my MY15 for 3 months tomorrow and I'm going to be really pissed if I don't get any update at all.
Somewhere there is written down, think it's in a handbook... the words "there will be further apps" etc they certainly said it in person, so I think it's a complete and utter joke. I want to know their complaints address so I can write a strongly worded email using their own examples and flawed business practice which includes lying to the consumer about a product that they had no intent to upgrade.

It's like Microsoft/Apple turning around after you purchased a computer and saying well thats it, no updates anymore seen as you've bought the product. It's the stupidest business model I've seen.
Email, phone and twitter maybe more useful http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/about-vauxhal ... touch.html

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:04 am

Skippy wrote:
Matthew wrote:
butler1233 wrote:I'm fairly certain its in writing somewhere that there will be updates or new apps. Not certain, but I hope so. I've had my MY15 for 3 months tomorrow and I'm going to be really pissed if I don't get any update at all.
Somewhere there is written down, think it's in a handbook... the words "there will be further apps" etc they certainly said it in person, so I think it's a complete and utter joke. I want to know their complaints address so I can write a strongly worded email using their own examples and flawed business practice which includes lying to the consumer about a product that they had no intent to upgrade.

It's like Microsoft/Apple turning around after you purchased a computer and saying well thats it, no updates anymore seen as you've bought the product. It's the stupidest business model I've seen.
Email, phone and twitter maybe more useful http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/about-vauxhal ... touch.html
Presuming you've just jumped on, they wont answer my twitter and refuse to answer my emails anymore. Haven't got time to ring, got put in a queue for 15 minutes
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:47 am

They've probably been closed since Christmas Eve and likely won't reopen till Tuesday - at least not fully staffed.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

CarBoyCam

Post by CarBoyCam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:54 pm

I've been in contact with Vauxhall's head of infotainment regarding Intellilink software updates. I've had a couple of length emails and basically, it's not looking good for non-Intellilink R4.0 units.

Once I've got my angry email sent off to them etc. I'll probably post the entire conversation thread up on here. :)
Corsa E Limited Edition 3dr 1.0T (115) in Shiny Rock (called Phoenix)

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 pm

CarBoyCam wrote:I've been in contact with Vauxhall's head of infotainment regarding Intellilink software updates. I've had a couple of length emails and basically, it's not looking good for non-Intellilink R4.0 units.

Once I've got my angry email sent off to them etc. I'll probably post the entire conversation thread up on here. :)
Feel free to read mine, they refuse to respond however it appears other people got more info from them. I got "Phil Marsh" who was in denial about the whole thing.
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

CarBoyCam

Post by CarBoyCam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:01 am

Matthew wrote:Feel free to read mine, they refuse to respond however it appears other people got more info from them. I got "Phil Marsh" who was in denial about the whole thing.
I was in a back-and-forth with him as well. He basically said they're focusing on the new Intellilink R4.0 head units (put in 2016 Corsa) and they won't be updating the units in my car, your car etc.

i.e. No new apps, no new features and possibly no more BringGo updates (not sure how much input Vauxhall have in the BringGo app?)

That's why I'm not happy. Had my car a month and the car's basically got a useless and outdated head unit. :(

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:04 am

CarBoyCam wrote:
Matthew wrote:Feel free to read mine, they refuse to respond however it appears other people got more info from them. I got "Phil Marsh" who was in denial about the whole thing.
I was in a back-and-forth with him as well. He basically said they're focusing on the new Intellilink R4.0 head units (put in 2016 Corsa) and they won't be updating the units in my car, your car etc.

i.e. No new apps, no new features and possibly no more BringGo updates (not sure how much input Vauxhall have in the BringGo app?)

That's why I'm not happy. Had my car a month and the car's basically got a useless and outdated head unit. :(
BringGo is sh*t anyway, and should be destroyed.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

CarBoyCam

Post by CarBoyCam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:50 pm

LimeyUK wrote:BringGo is sh*t anyway, and should be destroyed.
Of course it is, but if they kill it off, we're left with nothing. :) :lol: Found it funny BringGo spells "Bury St. Edmunds" as "Bury St. Edmunts"...

ThaweK

Post by ThaweK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 pm

CarBoyCam wrote:
LimeyUK wrote:BringGo is sh*t anyway, and should be destroyed.
Of course it is, but if they kill it off, we're left with nothing. :) :lol: Found it funny BringGo spells "Bury St. Edmunds" as "Bury St. Edmunts"...
Well, as your language is quite... simpler (no grammar cases, etc), that's the only thing you can find out. In Polish, this is even more terrible. It looks mix of like polish words and english-like grammar, which is strongly different. Read adressess in American style, which is not natural in Polish, and just some "fields" are different/not used (like postcode)...
Ah, and thanks to viaTOLL (electronic paygates on motorways, expressways or even on trunk roads for traffic above 3,5 tones), I've got callout about "payment" every kilometer. :) just great.
Oh, I didn't mention how badly it does mute music. It takes ages to fade in/fade out music after/before this sh..t give a callout.
Corsa E 1.4L 75HP / metallic black / Intellilink 3.0 / HiLevel computer / Advanced Park Assist II / blind spot alert / 195/55/R16

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:47 pm

I haven't even bothered trying BringGo! I have a sat nav anyway when I need it but think I would like to try using Google Maps via my mobile phone at some point.
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

Return to “Website Issues”