Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

New corsa 65 limited edition sluggish pull in first gear

13K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  devon556 
#1 ·
New corsa limited edition 65 plate. Had the car about 5 months and have noticed that the car isnt pulling away in first as it did before. Clutch realised gas and it used to fly but now and then it just revs with very little pull in first. Any one else have this problem? Also not sure if the turbo kicks in on first gear due to this.
Thanks

#2 ·
You're not the only one, mine definitely has something wrong in my own opinion. I don't have a turbo but now my car struggles to go into 2nd gear/3rd gear at times, so I go to change gear, push it where it would normally go and now it stops... I don't notice and lift the clutch to a crunching noise because it isn't completely in. Even at stand still and going through the gears, 2nd is noticeably harder to get in than the others.

But I do think my power is somewhat reduced at times when pulling away and I don't completely understand why.

#4 ·
Don't think vx use the m32 anymore. It was a 6speed box rated at 150bhp but the fitted it to cars that had that power. The box then got too hot and the bearings failed. I was under the impression they no long use the m32 for that reason

#5 ·
M32 was like " chocolate tea pot " as quoted by corsa d owners. It felt lumpy and not smooth at all.

My 2ND gear is crap. Had a service recently and mentioned it they said the gear "cable"had been adjusted too the mechanics delight. Must say it felt brilliant and smooth but then the next day it's back to normal. Next time there taking the undercarriage off and looking deeper into it. So just need book it in.

#8 ·
I have the exact same problem, very slow pulling away in first gear but accelerates well in all other gears. I also struggle with gears sticking and wondered if it was just because it was new, it seems ok at times and then other times really having to push hard to get into 3rd gear.

#10 ·
Mine is an automatic and has been doing this, it's got worse since VX replaced the coil pack 5 months ago, i've found several times on removal one or two of the springs are off centre leading to misfires. I've done 6k miles since my service and i'm wondering if the spark plugs are maybe dirty or fouled, so I might take them out this weekend and just give them a light clean. Does anyone else have any ideas what it could be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.