BRAKES

Suggestions & Help using the Corsa E Forums
Nicola

BRAKES

Post by Nicola » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 am

I have a 15 plate 1.4 Turbo Limited Edition which I purchased in April 2015. The brakes don't feel right (not like metal scraping - it is hard to explain), they are making noises and like I read in another post they are sticking. My driveway is a very slight slope too but it almost feels like the pads have melted and stuck to the discs. Is this all normal?? I have been told that it is normal for brakes to make noises?? Its apparently these alloy wheels (this was said like alloys are a new invention) as they let more dirt in to the discs. I suspect this is nonsense as I have now had 4 cars, 3 of which had alloy wheels and I never had this problem before. One of my other cars had more exposed discs than my corsa and I never got scraping or noise unless the pads needed changed. I would really appreciate some help/advice.

mud4fun

Re: BRAKES

Post by mud4fun » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:38 am

It is not the alloys, that is nonsense.

It is bad design and poor quality materials.

I've owned over 200 cars, many fitted with rear discs and alloy wheels and not experienced this issue with them.

Yesterday the pads were stuck so firmly to the rear discs that they caused the rear wheels to be locked and I drove up our gravel driveway about 10 feet before they released, not doing the brakes or the tyres any good. I won't be surprised to find the caliper mount snap off soon!
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

yoxn

Re: BRAKES

Post by yoxn » Sat May 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi i have similar problem with rear brakes on my 1.4T 65 plate,slight slope on drive & if i use handbrake the pads stick on the rear.

So i always park using the gearbox,using opposite gear to way cars facing.

The materials in the pads nowadays are much softer than they used to be which seems to make them stick,not a lot you can do about it,unless you want to constantly want to try out different brands of brake pads.

Return to “Website Issues”