Hello fellow Opel/Vauxhall owners

New to the Corsa E Forums? Introduce yourself here
OpelLover

Hello fellow Opel/Vauxhall owners

Post by OpelLover » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

Hello everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster here! Greetings from mainland Europe, Slovenia to be exact.
I currently own a 2004 Astra H 5-door hatchback 1.6 Twinport in Royal Blue and am trading it in for a Corsa E 1.4Turbo 150hp manual full spec in DarkSea Blue.

In my 13 years with the Astra I've had little to no issues with the car, except for the lack of cup holders that has resulted in numerous spills (had to get the seats cleaned a few times). Only fault i ever really had was the ignition coil assembly failing after about ten years. The fix was a bit expensive, but that was to be expected as it is a single piece unit for all 4 cylinders ( i believe this is true for most Opel/Vauxhall engines). So the old girl has served me well but its time to let her go off to a new owner (a lucky man or woman who will get a faultless car in mint condition with only about 60.000 miles on it for cheap).

Now I'm very excited to take possession of the new Corsa, its been almost 3 months in waiting - getting it fresh from the factory in Germany.
I just hope I'll have the same luck with her as i had with my Astra. I really like the new Corsa's interior, very nice materials, i love the new speedo and tach dials and the new info screen in between. I'll probably get the extended warranty, but after that I'm definitely thinking about getting it tuned for even more power :)

Here are some pics of my old girl before shes off to the dealer.

tynamic

Re: Hello fellow Opel/Vauxhall owners

Post by tynamic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Definitely recommend on the warranty extension is the 1.4t 150hp fun to drive? If u test drived it ofc.
Corsa E 1.0 Turbo 115

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 am

Unfortunetly there isnt a single 1.4 Turbo testdrive vehicle in the country, i have been told however, that is it the poor mans OPC - should be quite lively. It is a bit on the heavy side so my expectations are moderate in terms of speed and acceleration.

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:14 am

They will be quite poky with 150bhp and you can have them up not far from 180-190bhp with a front mount intercooler and a good remap. So it wouldn't be that far behind the acceleration of the Corsa VXR, Fiesta ST etc really with that sort of power. I'm going to get mine mapped once the warranty is up as mines the 100hp version which is eco mapped from the factory over here in the UK, but the engine is exactly the same as the 150hp version.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:36 am

Why oh why don't they make a 5-door OPC/VXR... :)

With a remap like that, fuel consumption could be pretty high, as high or higher than the VXR.

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

I just got word from the dealers that my corsa wont be ready unti 1st of August... I was told that they are upgrading a few things on the car, implementing some 2018 series electronics etc.. ive asked for a full list of changes that are going to happen, will keep you posted.

I was hoping to get the corsa before the 15th of July as i have a long trip planned across europe and dont want to strain my old astra. To my surprise, the dealer offered to give me a car for the journey. Anyone every experience anything like that?

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 am

It sounds more like your dealer is sandbagging your order for his July sales figures, rather than June's. The 2018.1 revisions (currently unknown at Opel) would not start to be implemented until the end of August in any event, by which time your car will have been long built and delivered. As an example, my MY2017.1 went into build on 27th August 2016, and was one of the first batch off the line with 2017.1 revisions.

By all means take the dealer up on their offer of a loan car - your upcoming trip mileage will be better spent on one of their vehicles than reflecting on your new cars odometer. But it sounds like dodgy dealer Sales practices are rife throughout the European network, and not just in the UK!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 pm

This had crossed my mind, however the car had been ordered by the distributor from the factory - unless they pretty much lied to my face. How would one go about countering this? Doesn't seem like there is much i can do. The only thing i could think of was to ask for a full list of things that were going to be different. Thanks for the info!

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 am

Ask them for a copy of the order to Opel and get them to email you over the factory build sheet. That will tell you if the vehicle has been put into production or not (it used to be Line 9 at Rüsselsheim Plant). There is , I recall, a way of viewing online what status the vehicle is at, but am unsure how you would access that information in your country a it may be dealer-only access. Worth asking in any event. Good luck!!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm

I just called the dealer. I have no idea what factory build sheet is in Slovenian, so i just said factory build sheet - the guy seemed to know what i was talking about. He sounded a bit cornered, and said he would send me everything that he can send me - frankly i would just like to get opels factory order number so that i can track the car through opel. What is it really with car car dealers, why do they works so hard to live up to their stereotypes?

Return to “Introductions”