Heated front windscreen

New to the Corsa E Forums? Introduce yourself here
surgai85

Heated front windscreen

Post by surgai85 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Hello everyone and good evening, I wanted to ask a couple of questions please.
I am looking to buy a nearly new car and the Corsa E SE auto fits the bill nicely. I have owned a Corsa A and B both automatics in the past and seeing as the Corsa E still used an old school torque converter auto gearbox (thank god, im not a fan of dual clutches or semi auto's) but not sure i like or can live with looking through the wires of the heated windscreen, am i the only one that doesn't really like this? this is the only thing that is putting off buying the car.
Which brings me to question 2, is the screen from the previous Corsa D exactly the same size and will it fit as a replacement in the Corsa E and if yes (fingers crossed) will this cause problems with the unconnected wires no longer in use and will this bring up lights on the dash or cause the electrics to disfunction or fail?
Head office customer service technical dept who i found as useful as a chocolate teapot told me today to buy the more basic model which doesn't come with the heated windscreen!! Hmmmmmmmmm
The main dealer has no idea and their only concern is that if this can be replaced it will void the whole cars warranty and therefore wont entertain it.
Any help would be much appreciated and while im here, what am in hearing about the wiring loom??

Thanks everyone :)

Susan44

Re: Heated front windscreen

Post by Susan44 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 pm

As far as I know they all come with heated screen dont they?
The 6 speed auto is superb. It knocks spots off a Corsa D auto let alone the early ones. Yes a proper torque converter with lock-up. It may panic a bit if you are going up hill and deploy the cruise control and it may select quite a low gear but you can always go M and override it. Otherwise it's very well behaved.
You will not notice the wires after a while even when the sun shines. You will however absolutely love the demist and defrost functionality . Go for it.
1.4 Auto SE. Intellilink R3.0 software version 109.0-39112275 :geek:

Delboy_Lee

Post by Delboy_Lee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:40 am

Hi, I totally agree with Susam44 - the Corsa SE 1.4 Automatic is a great car and had mine over 30 months now and finding best car I have had.
Windscreen heater wires were a concern initially but you soon get used too them.

I would also say go for it as you will not be disappointed.
5 Door, 1.4 SE Automatic
Sovereign Silver
Intellilink 3.0

All_Black

Post by All_Black » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:46 pm

I didn't even notice until the first time I hit the switch and wondered for a moment what the strange shimmering effect was :)

charioteer

Post by charioteer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 pm

The heated screen wires are totally unnoticeable, the screen heats up very quickly and you bless it first thing in the morning when you are late for work when the frost comes.

OpelLover

Post by OpelLover » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:18 pm

If you see the wires then you are not looking at the road and that is dangerous.

srihaggis

Post by srihaggis » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:06 pm

It's a strange sensation at first; you notice it all the time when you first get a car with heated screen, but i've Corsa E's for 18months now, and barely notice it. I also have a non heated screen Corsa D... contemplating seeing if it can be retrofitted, so if you want to swap the glass :D
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 am

To the OP, if that's all you have to worry about in life then I'm sorry for you! Nothing as trivial as that would put me off buying and enjoying a car!!!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

Return to “Introductions”