Corsa Griffin

New to the Corsa E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Marksparks

Corsa Griffin

Post by Marksparks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Bought the wife a Corsa Griffin a couple of weeks back, has Winter Pack as well as lots of other nice touches... but this morning it was -7 c, screen defrosted nicely, lovely heated seats, and steering wheel... but I cannot believe it, the mirrors do not appear to be heated? :x

My 2013 ecoflex has them... 
Q are they just not working... or have Vx decided for whatever reason not to fit them?

Makes a mockery of the advert... It's included as standard to all the features! :roll:

Simmons

Re: Corsa Griffin

Post by Simmons » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Mine has heated everything but no mirrors so I think it just doesn't have them

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:16 pm

i have just checked the brochure, they are definitely listed within the spec... so have emailed the main dealer and asked them how they or vauxhall are going to remedy this,

to quote

Any product you buy should be of ‘satisfactory quality’ and in the case of a car you can reasonably expect it to.

- Get you from A to B without breaking down
- Work as expected without any faults
- Be as described in any advert, brochure or order sheet

If the car fails to meet one or more of those criteria and the dealer hasn’t been able to remedy it, you’re within your rights to reject it as being of unsatisfactory quality. Your rights were previously protected by the Sales of Goods Act but anything bought since October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act, which is subtly different and works a little more in your favour.

This could be interesting, as i have suggested they may have to undertake a product recall, which will be 2000 vehicles to resolve this?

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Simmons...

Vauxhall dealership are taking it back in next we to undertstand what has gone wrong, they will then rectify, as they agree with me, they should be fitted as in their brochure. I am guessing the wiring is in situ, and they will need to connect up, or replace mirror glass.

Simmons

Post by Simmons » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi Marksparks
What year is the vehicle because if it is supposed to be there I may have a look my self and see about sorting it, alas mine is second hand and wasn't necessarily sold with heated mirrors but if the loom is there and it just needs the glass then I'm happy to sort.

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

It's a 2019 Corsa Griffin first registered 22 Jan

The Griffin being a limited run of 2000 vehicles they should all be same spec

Simmons

Post by Simmons » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Ahh ok mines a 2015 excite but has heated everything else so figured the mirrors could have been an option. Yours sounds like they have definitely cocked up and should have the heated mirrors done as warranty.

Whiskers

Post by Whiskers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Just bought a Griffin,no heated wing mirrors.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Deffo states heated mirrors on Page 4 of the brochure

https://www.vauxhallfleet.co.uk/uploads ... 519276.pdf

Interesting that those who have bought it don't have this fitted

It does state though that VX reserve the right to make changes to design and equipment so they may of pulled this option

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Interesting that those who have bought it don't have this fitted

It does state though that VX reserve the right to make changes to design and equipment so they may of pulled this option

In deed they can, but they must notify the person purchasing, and when i purchased i speciically asked about all the options, and was assured this along with heated screen, seats and steering wheel were all correct!

Return to “Introductions”