Corsa Griffin

New to the Corsa E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Moog70

Re: Corsa Griffin

Post by Moog70 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

My 2017 Energy has heated everything, including door mirrors!

If the brochure states that it has heated door mirrors and it doesn't, and you still have a copy of the brochure then they are guilty of misrepresentation, and from a legal standpoint, you are entitled to reject the vehicle with a) the dealer if you paid cash or b) the finance company if on finance/PCP.

Jaguar Land Rover published a brochure for a particular model back in 2017 stating service intervals were 2 years/21000 miles, whichever comes sooner. This particular vehicles engine has oil dilution problems, and cannot reach 9000 miles before requiring an oil change. Hundreds of these vehicles are being rejected every week, and the dealers are not even contesting them - they are just accepting them back, as the company doesn't want the negative exposure.

If it's documented, it has to be there - no exceptions!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Now raised with VX uk with a formal case

Samber45

Post by Samber45 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:24 pm

How did you get on with the formal case against Vauxhall? I have just purchased a new Corsa Griffin but haven't collected the car yet, still waiting and don't know where I stand regarding the heated wing mirrors as this is something that was advertised as stated.... how do I approach the dealer as would like to have this option added.... is this something they will/can do to add it on under the warranty for example...Otherwise if I am within my rights to cancel this, wouldl I get my deposit back?

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Why not ring VX direct and get an answer.

Not sure why you would purchase a car without getting the issue formalised first.

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:50 pm

VX have flat refused to retrofit mirrors, claiming it would invalidate the warranty... i queried this as clearly any replacement part fitted would clearly also invalidate the warranty!

I even asked if the car mirrors were damaged would they replace, they said like for like only.

Initially they said it was not technically possible, i proved them wrong as all the doors d/e have a wiring loom terminal block with 5 appertures. Electrically adjusted mirrors then have 3 wire loom to the mirror casing. Heated mirror vehicles have a 5 wire loom, the two additional wires connect through a spade connector to the bacl of the mirror plate. The button for heated screen front/rear operates the heater element in mirors also.

We have agreed a settlement... with VX Uk, and also one with the dealership. All brochures in the dealership, and online Dec 2018 stated 'electrically adjusted and heated mirrors', the Jan 2019 brochure has been amended to stated 'electrically adjusted mirrors'.

VX have instructed dealerships to but a sticker in owners manuals, that are affected, and also notified all dealerships to check and remove/replace brochures.

I suspect in good time there may be a recall/upgrade when being serviced, but they are currently denying all responsibility, stating they should be specified when placing an order...

I did ask should i specify 4 wheels and tyres, steering wheel, etc also as they were clearly in the brochure and yet i did not request them separately? They wouldnt answer...

The wife likes the car, so we are keeping it... if it was mine i would have rejected it under Consumer Rights Act, as heated mirrors are a safety item... independent legal advice confirms i would be within my rights to do so, having given Vx 14 working days to fix/resolve the matter.

Its amazing that Vauxhall have done this saving approx £30 in build cost on the vehicle... someone made a poor decision!

Simmons

Post by Simmons » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:13 pm

I doubt it's a safety item to be fair, you can just clear them yourself. I do think they should have stood by their brochure though, i'd want compensating for sure.

Jammers

Post by Jammers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:21 pm

Typical Vauxhall - like charging £100 for a software upgrade.

I won't buy another one.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:53 pm

I have heated mirrors trust me you ain't missing anything

Nickosnose

Post by Nickosnose » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Blame the French takeover...

Samber45

Post by Samber45 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 pm

I contacted my dealers today to find out if the Corsa Griffin I have ordered has heated door mirrors, to be confirmed by Vauxhalll that it does come with heated mirrors as it's a newer car model..... the older model didn't have them.....result. :D. I am now wondering if the 75PS that I ordered is going to be sufficient as opposed to the 90PS, not sure what the price difference was or the pros and cons? Though I tend to drive locally and trying to keep down costs, so I guess it is the right choice? Though I suspect it's probably too late to change now anyway!?

Return to “Introductions”