Front end noise over speed bumps

All Corsa E related discussions
mattb_srivx

Re: Front end noise over speed bumps

Post by mattb_srivx » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 am

Any clunks from the front end when going over bumps are usually drop link/anti-roll bar bushes. Not uncommon for a spring to snap either but that's usually on older cars from corrosion or metal fatigue with age.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm

We have pillow humps on our 20mph road. If I actually do 20mph over them there's an almighty bang on the nearside front suspension. Dealer says no problem with it. It would be nice if the council matched the humps to the speed limit.
1.4 Auto SE. Intellilink R3.0 software version 109.0-39112275 :geek:

elsid

Post by elsid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 am

I recently drove the companies 2017 Fiesta 1.0L Zetec for six weeks and found it handles speed bumps much better than my 65 plate 11600 miles Corsa E, which tends to nose dive and bang on speed bumps which did not bother the Fiesta. I think Vauxhall made the suspension softer on the E. The Fiesta also handles better for the same reason.
Corsa Excite 5 door 1.0T 2015 (65 plate) Winter Pack.

Geminigirl

Re: Front end noise over speed bumps,

Post by Geminigirl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 am

I bought my VXR new in October 2015. At 3500 miles there was a horrendous knocking noise on the near side. Dealership replaced front nearside shock absorber. At 7500 miles the knock was back but they couldn't work out what it was so they replaced the offside front shock absorber. Now at 11000 miles it is back yet again! Going in next week for new nearside shocker and top mount. Now don't get me wrong but I'm a 50 year old woman who doesn't rag the car, drives slowly over speed bumps, so why does this keep happening ? 😩

Nemofpv

Post by Nemofpv » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi guys.
I have given up at my Vauxhall dealer now. I have had my Corsa since 2014 brand spanking new.
After about 5,000 miles, EXACTLY this thing happened. I didn’t feel safe driving it at the time because of how loud it was, and the resonance through the pedals and steering wheel.... 5 years later and multiple visits to the cowboys end up with no fault.
Had anybody 100% remedied the problem?
TIA

corsaman

Post by corsaman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 pm

For me the very loud clunking noise was caused by a small rocks (5-8mm diamter) between front spring and the lower mount it sit on (the plate looking metal disc). This happened multiple times so I'm sure that caused it. Inside it sounded like something is coming through the firewall when going over bumps.

Pohly

Post by Pohly » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Nemofpv wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:22 pm
Hi guys.
I have given up at my Vauxhall dealer now. I have had my Corsa since 2014 brand spanking new.
After about 5,000 miles, EXACTLY this thing happened. I didn’t feel safe driving it at the time because of how loud it was, and the resonance through the pedals and steering wheel.... 5 years later and multiple visits to the cowboys end up with no fault.
Had anybody 100% remedied the problem?
TIA
Bit late haven't been on the forums in a while. I have had this problem on my e whilst in warranty once on the offside front at around 8k and then the nearside front at 35k ish. Took it to the dealer and the mechanic quickly took it out and diagnosed it as strut top bearings. Changed them and the sound was gone! So have a look at them. Think he said out of warranty its only ~£30 for the part an then an hour or so of labor. He said it' was quite a common problem and he's changed a good few!

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 pm

i get the odd creak, bang on mine and have done for several years, its not constant, may get if 10 times in a journey and then nothing for months... its been serviced and mot'd by maindealer from new, and they have never been able to find any fault?

I am guessing it picks up an occasional stone?

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”