Vauxhall Extended Warranty

All Corsa E related discussions
Delboy_Lee

Vauxhall Extended Warranty

Post by Delboy_Lee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:27 am

I know its early days yet but has anyone had any previous experiences or recommendations for having a Vauxhall Extended Warranty.

Reason I am asking is that I intend to keep my current Corsa e for up to 5 years and current Warranty will expire this time next year so
will have some decisions to make before then.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Derek
5 Door, 1.4 SE Automatic
Sovereign Silver
Intellilink 3.0

Moog70

Re: Vauxhall Extended Warranty

Post by Moog70 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Years ago, I took out an extended Vauxhall Sureguard Warranty on my Cavalier....as I recall, it was about £700 for 3 years cover, but as I was planning on keeping the car, it seemed worth it at the time. Bear in mind that this was back in 1991, so was a fair bit of money back then.

With the exception of a replacement Airflow sensor, EVERY TIME it went in for something or other, it was excluded under the "wear and tear" weasel caveat in the terms and conditions. I got so fed up with having to shell out for diagnostics/ancillary parts/fluids etc I cancelled it after about 6 months and got my hard-earned back on a pro-rata basis. It wasn't worth the paper that it was written on.

I daresay that it might have improved since those times, but for me, it's once bitten and twice shy. In my experience and opinion, it's an excuse to tie you to a dealer and a brand, irrespective of their competence in diagnosing problems, and I would urge you to consider ALL the terms and conditions, including "weasel words" often buried in the small print. This applies to ALL Warranty companies, both Manufacturer and 3rd Party providers.

Good luck!!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

Johny555

Post by Johny555 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Don't think the 3 year warranty is worth the paper its written on,if they can wriggle out of it they will,

Delboy_Lee

Post by Delboy_Lee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks guys you confirm my initial concerns but with the new cars having so much Electronics these days
hopefully the newer Warranty maybe a bit more reliable than in the passed so again my reason for asking for
Experience with regards to the current Vauxhall Extended Warranty.

All your comments are really appreciated.

Derek
5 Door, 1.4 SE Automatic
Sovereign Silver
Intellilink 3.0

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:04 pm

your auto box is probably the most expensive part to go wrong. If the warranty covers it no quibbles it may be worth the premium. You know what will happen though. You pay the premium and it doesnt go wrong! Like you pay house insurance for 40 years and the darned thing never burns down!

Delboy_Lee

Post by Delboy_Lee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Jarviser wrote:your auto box is probably the most expensive part to go wrong. If the warranty covers it no quibbles it may be worth the premium. You know what will happen though. You pay the premium and it doesnt go wrong! Like you pay house insurance for 40 years and the darned thing never burns down!
Thanks jarviser, I agree that the Auto Gear Box is one of the major concerns I have considered & have read a lot of reports from the USA regarding similar models there so maybe on its own its worth considering the extre annual cost? It's not easy making decisions.
5 Door, 1.4 SE Automatic
Sovereign Silver
Intellilink 3.0

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm

You'd be better getting a third party used car warranty, they still stipulate you need to have the car serviced properly every year e.g. at a dealer or a garage and original parts. Just make sure you read the small print so you know exactly what is and isn't covered. There can be some good ones out there but the devil is in the detail. You should be able to get cover on the main engine and gearbox for a reasonable amount. But if you want other things covered such as suspension components and other little bits that soon adds up.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

ed53winter-uk

Post by ed53winter-uk » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Vauxhall/Network Q offer 3 levels of warranty Complete, Standard and Essential. Go for the Complete if you are thinking of joining it, BUT BEWARE sometimes they don't know what is what and will try it on, as we found out recently following a front spring breakage which cause an MOT failure.
Trying to get compensation following this was like getting blood out of a stone. Justin Woodcraft head of some department or another was unforgiving as far as we were concerned as indeed his bosses and hierarchy, including Mr Denis Chick and our Group Managing Director Mr Stephen Norman, head of Network Q . Yet had we hired a car for the Easter weekend which is when this incident took place they would have paid an over the top fee for that.
So beware all potential Warranty purchasers with Vauxhall's Extended Warranty!!!

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Hope you have a good libel lawyer.
1.4 Auto SE. Intellilink R3.0 software version 109.0-39112275 :geek:

Delboy_Lee

Post by Delboy_Lee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks guys for the useful information and experiences, I decided to go for the Vauxhall Complete Warranty in the end mainly as I currently have a Service Plan with Vauxhall Eden for another year and passed experience with this Garage over last 10 years and 3 earlier Corsa purchases have worked out fine. But early days on having this warranty so hopefully I will have "No Corsa E" failures & issues to report back on, only time will tell.

Derek
5 Door, 1.4 SE Automatic
Sovereign Silver
Intellilink 3.0

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”