Dash trim panels don't fit all models?

All Corsa E related discussions
Mrekat

Dash trim panels don't fit all models?

Post by Mrekat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi, I've got a 65 plate Sting R which has the all black gloss dashboard trim panels. I bought a used set with the white streak off ebay as I wanted some more colour inside the car. However, once I got the original panels off, I realised that the new ones didn't fit properly. There were two clips that didn't line up, and the overall shape was very slightly different in the part that fits above the stereo. They are stated to be genuine parts and I can't see anything that would prove otherwise.

The only reason that I can think of for why they don't fit is because my Sting has the normal stereo, not the touch screen one, and so the panels have to be a slightly different shape to fit. Unfortunately I can't find information about this anywhere so thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows anything about it as I'm sad that my only option seems to be the plain black. I suppose it's also a warning to those thinking of doing the same that you can't mix and match all of the panels.

paul.cocallis

Re: Dash trim panels don't fit all models?

Post by paul.cocallis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:39 pm

you sure they are off a corsa e? as the dash will be exactly the same shape in all the corsa e models so dont see why it wont fit unless its really out of a vauxhall adam or another car.

really the only trim on the corsa that will be different will be the trim around the two different radios. everything else will be exactly the same.

look up the vauxhall adam dash board on ebay or google image and take a look at that as the top trim on that is different shape from the corsa but the radio trim parts are the same

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Some pics would help

KingCraigx

Post by KingCraigx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:08 pm

This is why I vinyl wrapped parts on my dash, easier and a lot cheaper. I would return the parts you bought and think of a different idea.
White Corsa 1.4 N/A LE w/ Sports Pack/ Ramair Intake/ Cobra Sports Exhaust

Mrekat

Post by Mrekat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:18 pm

paul.cocallis wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:39 pm
you sure they are off a corsa e? as the dash will be exactly the same shape in all the corsa e models so dont see why it wont fit unless its really out of a vauxhall adam or another car.
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm sure they are from a Corsa E. This is them Image

I didn't try the smaller piece but that probably fits, it's purely the thin part that goes above the radio that is different.

I've got some pictures trying to compare them but it's a bit hard to tell.

The white panel is thinner than the black one in the part that goes above the radio. The pictures don't show the true measurements, but the white panel is definitely a different shape at this part.

It also goes deeper in on the back of the panel, the all black panel is not this deep.

These are the two clips that don't align. They are further apart than on the black panel.

LazyWhippet

Post by LazyWhippet » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 am

Do you have intellilink?

From that picture, I would guess not. Maybe it's shaped slightly different for the screen?
MY17 Corsa Black Edition

PetaxD

Post by PetaxD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 am

you bought the dash trim for the corsa with intellilink 4.0. Radio surrounds are different.

Mrekat

Post by Mrekat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:22 pm

PetaxD wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 am
you bought the dash trim for the corsa with intellilink 4.0. Radio surrounds are different.
Yeah, it appears so. I'm just surprised that I couldn't find anything saying there are two different types of trim. All of the ones I saw for sale and have seen since just say it's a universal item for all Corsa Es.

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”