Faults with Bluetooth

All Corsa E related discussions
big-fish28

Faults with Bluetooth

Post by big-fish28 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:25 pm

I've just seen a similar post about this issue however apparently the OP can still make Bluetooth phone calls, so I believe mine may be a slightly different problem...

The Bluetooth in my Corsa used to work fine. I could listen to music, take phone calls etc and all was good. However recently, I don't even know how, but myself and a friend somehow managed to connect to the Bluetooth in my car at the same time. Shortly after this, I couldn't get the Bluetooth or aux to work at all.

Later that day the aux fixed itself (thank god) and I can listen to music that way. However, since then other people can connect to the Bluetooth in my car, but my phone won't work when I try to do it myself. I've tried deleting my phone from my car's recognised devices and syncing it again, but it doesn't seem to find my phone anymore for some reason.

"Opel" will come up in my Bluetooth settings and when I press it, I wait for 30 seconds and then get an error message.

**Phone is an iPhone 7.

Anyone else have this issue?

FirestoneDK

Re: Faults with Bluetooth

Post by FirestoneDK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:55 am

Did you delete the car from the phones recognised devices too?
And by they way, which radio do you have? The CD3.0 BT (no touchscreen), Intellilink R3 (touchscreen and touch buttons) or the R4 (touchscreen and physical buttons).

big-fish28

Post by big-fish28 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:16 pm

FirestoneDK wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:55 am
Did you delete the car from the phones recognised devices too?
And by they way, which radio do you have? The CD3.0 BT (no touchscreen), Intellilink R3 (touchscreen and touch buttons) or the R4 (touchscreen and physical buttons).
Hi, yeah I've tried deleting the car from my phone's recognised devices. When trying to re-sync, the car does come up on my phone as a new device and once it fails to sync it just becomes a recognised device once again.

I'm not sure about my radio, but since there's no touchscreen I'm guessing it'll be the CD3.0 BT.

big-fish28

Post by big-fish28 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:58 pm

If anyone else has any suggestions on this please let me know :)

TheGeorge

Post by TheGeorge » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 am

big-fish28 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:25 pm
However, since then other people can connect to the Bluetooth in my car, but my phone won't work when I try to do it myself.
Is possible supported bluetooth version between the devices differs (possible Apple dropped support for some 'older' BT versions and the compatibility between different versions is not quite good), or there is some oddity on your phone in its settings or in its hardware (not an Iphone user so can't really advise).

Only thing that I know for sure that can clear the doubts is a full factory reset on the phone (take care to not loose all your contacts/data...), followed by a update to latest IOS version (if available). If the issue persists after this, then I really doubt that you can do anything else except change the phone (personally, I like Samsung's flagships, but every phone has it's pluses and minuses and every use case is different).
Corsa E - 1.4T
MY 2016

Bogbrush

Post by Bogbrush » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

I know this will add to the woe but it might eliminate a potential issue: we found the version of Bluetooth built into the iPhone 5s was incompatible with the car, but the iPhone 6 and newer all work fine.
I assume you have power off /on cycled the phone
2018 1.4T

Susan44

Post by Susan44 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am

Having just moved from Samsung to iPhone 6s (now at bargain price since they stopped making them this year) I must say Bluetooth seems more reliable, even to the extent of Siri and Maps coming throug the car speakers and Siri (such a nice man) telling me not to fiddle with the phone while I’m driving.
Iphone7 should be the same.
1.4 Auto SE. Intellilink R3.0 software version 109.0-39112275 :geek:

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Switch to a P20 recently and Bluetooth works seamlessly although so did my previous phone LG G5

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”