Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Anyone do their own service?

9K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  charioteer 
#1 ·
Hiya,

I am looking to save myself some money longer term. To do that I'd like to do my own oil/filter changes. Howver I can't find a manual or guide online. Anyone found one?

In an ideal world I'd do everything. But I think I should start with a simple thing first!

I think my oil/filter will need doing before the end of the year or around Jan. As I purchased my car in Feb this year and drive about 12K miles/year and it's at 22% Oil life. However the cars next actual service won't technically need doing until June '19 as that's when the car was registered (in 2015).

Anyone got advice for me?

Cheers!

#3 ·
I've done the oil/filter on mine a few month ago between services and it's fairly painless. The oil filter housing is in the engine bay so that's nice and easy. Just need to jack the car up a bit to get at the sump plug.

So long as you've the tools to do it yourself I'd say go ahead. Can save a fortune really. Genuine oil and filter you can probably get for £30-£40.

The spark plugs are easy to do as well if you have the tool. Discs/Pads are fairly straight forward too.

This is the newest car I've owned, so the previous two services were done at Vauxhall. I'll probably get the 3rd service and MOT done with them too but after that I'll be doing it myself. Not paying £150 for an oil/filter change when you look at the actual work required it's robbery really :lol:

#5 ·
mattb_srivx said:
I've done the oil/filter on mine a few month ago between services and it's fairly painless. The oil filter housing is in the engine bay so that's nice and easy. Just need to jack the car up a bit to get at the sump plug.

So long as you've the tools to do it yourself I'd say go ahead. Can save a fortune really. Genuine oil and filter you can probably get for £30-£40.

The spark plugs are easy to do as well if you have the tool. Discs/Pads are fairly straight forward too.

This is the newest car I've owned, so the previous two services were done at Vauxhall. I'll probably get the 3rd service and MOT done with them too but after that I'll be doing it myself. Not paying £150 for an oil/filter change when you look at the actual work required it's robbery really :lol:
Yeah I am 99% sure I have all the tools. When I can I might invest in a trolley jack to help with this. As I suspect I'll end up doing my girlfriends car too if this all goes well!

Aye Oil and filter are going to be about £55 but it won't use all the oil so technically less!! I'll do it sooner rather than later I think,

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.