How good are the new Corsas

All Corsa E related discussions
FrankAppleton
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 am

How good are the new Corsas

Post by FrankAppleton » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:07 pm

My daughter has just bought a 65 plate 1.4 Excite.

Reading in the technical section it seems that these car suffer from [some serious] problems.

Particularly concerning is the 1.0litre engine.

Is there a cause to worry about these cars, particularly the 1.4 engine.


joeboy
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by joeboy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:43 pm

I have had a 1.4 90ps 64 plate corsa sting since March 2015. it was 3 months old with 2,500 miles when I bought it.

It just passed its second Mot a few weeks ago with no advisories.

Only issue I had was a coil pack at 25,000 miles or so fixed under warranty and plugs replaced at the same time.

I changed front brake pads at 33,000 miles since I had a work shop free for a day but would of got a good few more miles out of them.

It has now done 38,000 miles and its 4th service is due soon.


MikeDev96
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by MikeDev96 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Clutch judder, had it on my previous D and current E.
Corsa Elite
Image Image


User avatar
Klesmy
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 am
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by Klesmy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am

Agree with previous two posts. I’ve got a 1.4 na and needed a coil pack a couple of years ago.

Couch judder is also a real pain.

Remember they are chain driven so regular service is a must
MY15 1.4 na 5 Door Red Sting.


Richard_D
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by Richard_D » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 am

Same with mine no real problems apart from my post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3800
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey


john002
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by john002 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:01 am

Klesmy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am
Agree with previous two posts. I’ve got a 1.4 na and needed a coil pack a couple of years ago.

Couch judder is also a real pain.

Remember they are chain driven so regular service is a must
Seems to be a common fault with VX coil packs not lasting very long, is there a better make to replace the original ?

Whats would these cost ?
2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX Excite (AC) , 3 Door, Shiny Rocks (Wifes)
2018 Golf SE, NAV 1:5 5 door Red (Mine )


Richard_D
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by Richard_D » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:57 am

john002 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:01 am
Klesmy wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am
Agree with previous two posts. I’ve got a 1.4 na and needed a coil pack a couple of years ago.

Couch judder is also a real pain.

Remember they are chain driven so regular service is a must
Seems to be a common fault with VX coil packs not lasting very long, is there a better make to replace the original ?

Whats would these cost ?
Mine was a Delphi part (Same as Vauxhall fit) I paid £100 for it but now think it was spark plugs not coil pack so now have a spare. Not sure how much Vauxhall charge for it.
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey


User avatar
Klesmy
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 am
Location: North Lincolnshire

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by Klesmy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 am

Mine was a warranty job
MY15 1.4 na 5 Door Red Sting.


john002
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by john002 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Mine is having it's 4 year MOT and service in Feb, Think may be worthwhile changing coil pack and plugs, only done 14,000 miles.

Cheers
Donna
2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX Excite (AC) , 3 Door, Shiny Rocks (Wifes)
2018 Golf SE, NAV 1:5 5 door Red (Mine )


Richard_D
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: How good are the new Corsas

Post by Richard_D » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:01 pm

john002 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:16 pm
Mine is having it's 4 year MOT and service in Feb, Think may be worthwhile changing coil pack and plugs, only done 14,000 miles.

Cheers
Donna
4th year service should include plugs! Coil pack should be ok unless your having miss firing problems.
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey


Post Reply

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”