No projection After Firmware Auto Update UK

All Corsa E related discussions
davison501

No projection After Firmware Auto Update UK

Post by davison501 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:15 am

Unable to gain prjection from phone to intellilink

Car is: Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Energy 2016
Phone is: Sony Xperia Z3

From collecting my vehicle new, I have never had an issue with the R4 intellilink system, until now. I use a Sony USB cable which still charges the phone. On 26th October, I noticed a automatic firmware update as I was starting up, I then connected the phone and found Android Auto wouldn't project to the head screen, I also can't seen to get the USB icons from the display to work either... it's strange, an hour previous it was working fine.

Any ideas, would be great to hear from someone on here.... Would there be a Vauxhall Technical Support phone line?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Rickardo

Re: No projection After Firmware Auto Update UK

Post by Rickardo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:04 pm

You don't get firmware updates what you do get is DAB updates every now and then

They can cause some issues which are normally resolved once the car is switched off and left overnight or switching from DAB to FM

If you have lost icons then it will need to go to the dealer for a firmware update

davison501

Post by davison501 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Rickardo wrote:You don't get firmware updates what you do get is DAB updates every now and then

They can cause some issues which are normally resolved once the car is switched off and left overnight or switching from DAB to FM

If you have lost icons then it will need to go to the dealer for a firmware update
davison501 wrote:Unable to gain projection from phone to intelilink

Car is: Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Energy 2016
Phone is: Sony Xperia Z3

From collecting my vehicle new, I have never had an issue with the R4 intellilink system, until now. I use a Sony USB cable which still charges the phone. On 26th October, I noticed a automatic firmware update as I was starting up, I then connected the phone and found Android Auto wouldn't project to the head screen, I also can't seem to get the USB icons from the display to work either... it's strange, an hour previous it was all working fine.

Any ideas, would be great to hear from someone on here.... Would there be a Vauxhall Technical Support phone line?

Hi Ricardo,
Thanks for responding, I'm sorry it states "Firmware updated" - I think you've miss understood, I dont have any issues with the radio, the problem I have is no projection when connecting to USB.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 pm

You can't get firmware updates sent to you as they are no available to download as VX hold these

You may have had an Android Auto update on your phone which when you have connected it to the Intellilink has recognised this but the update may be the initial cause

MidriX

Post by MidriX » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 am

@davidson501 I'm also experiencing the same issue. It happened around the same time too. I've been having issues for over a week now and it really is very frustrating to have purchased the car specifically for the impressive link between my android phone and the corsa energy in-car screen and it to stop working.
I have to agree with @Rickardo though - the updating firmware message you see on screen is the DAB firmware update which is not an update to the intellilink software unfortunately, just the radio station list.
I believe in-car entertainment software updates are done via the same USB socket that we use to connect the phone.
However this is supposed to be done by Vauxhall engineer at a service, although this has never been done for me in any of the services that I've had.

So if anyone is out there that thinks they can help, the problem is as follows:
-End of October 2019 the intellilink (USB cable connection to android phone) just stopped working, Bluetooth audio, FM and DAB radio still work fine.
-I replaced the USB Cable with a brand new high speed USB 3 cable - still not working
-I updated to the very latest software on my phone (pocophone f1) taking it up to android v9, MIUI Global 11.0.5 Stable - still not working
-I did a factory reset on the in-car entertainment - still not working

I was hoping to find some software online to download and update the car software myself via USB memory stick, but not found anything - anyone on here know of any update resource available for download?

Next thing I'm going to test is to disconnect the car battery for a few hours to "clear the cache" which resets the in-car entertainment software.
I have had issues with the audio not working from intellilink (despite FM and DAB audio working without any problem) and disconnecting the battery overnight has fixed that in the past.
Fingers crossed and I'll report back

davison501

Post by davison501 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:28 am

MidriX wrote:@davidson501 I'm also experiencing the same issue. It happened around the same time too. I've been having issues for over a week now and it really is very frustrating to have purchased the car specifically for the impressive link between my android phone and the corsa energy in-car screen and it to stop working.
I have to agree with @Rickardo though - the updating firmware message you see on screen is the DAB firmware update which is not an update to the intellilink software unfortunately, just the radio station list.
I believe in-car entertainment software updates are done via the same USB socket that we use to connect the phone.
However this is supposed to be done by Vauxhall engineer at a service, although this has never been done for me in any of the services that I've had.

So if anyone is out there that thinks they can help, the problem is as follows:
-End of October 2019 the intellilink (USB cable connection to android phone) just stopped working, Bluetooth audio, FM and DAB radio still work fine.
-I replaced the USB Cable with a brand new high speed USB 3 cable - still not working
-I updated to the very latest software on my phone (pocophone f1) taking it up to android v9, MIUI Global 11.0.5 Stable - still not working
-I did a factory reset on the in-car entertainment - still not working

I was hoping to find some software online to download and update the car software myself via USB memory stick, but not found anything - anyone on here know of any update resource available for download?

Next thing I'm going to test is to disconnect the car battery for a few hours to "clear the cache" which resets the in-car entertainment software.
I have had issues with the audio not working from intellilink (despite FM and DAB audio working without any problem) and disconnecting the battery overnight has fixed that in the past.
Fingers crossed and I'll report back
Hi thanks for the feedback. I too have gone through all the same tests, I am beginning to wonder if this has anything to do with the rollout of 5G...strange things going on with networks.It is frustrating I agree, and if I progress with it also, I'll let you know.

kazzoom12

Post by kazzoom12 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Hey Guys,

I was also having this problem with my phone on Android 9.0. I tried all sorts to fix it. I came across this post on reddit that suggested to install an older version of android auto and so far it seems to be working as a temporary fix. I have then turned off automatic updates on the play store to stop it installing a newer version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/co ... evice_not/

MidriX

Post by MidriX » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:37 pm

OK here you go guys - Fix that worked for me - install an older version of the Android Auto application.
Version of Android Auto that I'm running currently is 4.6.593333 and its working like a dream again.

So I tried to reset things by taking the battery out for a few hours (I left it overnight):
Sadly this didn't fix the issue.

I checked online for some more solutions and came across this site which gives you access to the older versions of Android auto
as APK files to install manually rather than through the google play app store.
https://android-auto.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

the version that I tried and worked was this one: 4.6.593333
https://android-auto.en.uptodown.com/an ... ad/2130029

Note you may need to alter your phone settings to allow you to install applications from an APK file.

I uninstalled the latest version of android auto first before installing the older versions (link above) and then went into Google Play app store and turned off auto updates so I don't run into this problem again in future.

Hope this helps
MidriX

Pellett

Post by Pellett » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:39 pm

4.6.593333 worked for me thanks MidriX for the information and link.

davison501

Post by davison501 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm

MidriX wrote:OK here you go guys - Fix that worked for me - install an older version of the Android Auto application.
Version of Android Auto that I'm running currently is 4.6.593333 and its working like a dream again.

So I tried to reset things by taking the battery out for a few hours (I left it overnight):
Sadly this didn't fix the issue.

I checked online for some more solutions and came across this site which gives you access to the older versions of Android auto
as APK files to install manually rather than through the google play app store.
https://android-auto.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

the version that I tried and worked was this one: 4.6.593333
https://android-auto.en.uptodown.com/an ... ad/2130029

Note you may need to alter your phone settings to allow you to install applications from an APK file.

I uninstalled the latest version of android auto first before installing the older versions (link above) and then went into Google Play app store and turned off auto updates so I don't run into this problem again in future.

Hope this helps
MidriX
Also worked for me... Thanks for the information MidriX [emoji108][emoji106] wondering how to remove the update notification see picture. I've tried the obvious in settings on AA.Image