Heated door mirrors

All Corsa E related discussions
martman53

Re: Heated door mirrors

Post by martman53 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:03 pm

elsid wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:18 pm
Looks like they upped the spec on post 2015 Excite models.
Mine has heated front seats, heated steering wheel and heated front windscreen.
I had a 15 plate Excite and it had all that. My current 18-plate Energy (as, apparently, they don't do new Excites anymore) also has those options. Nots ure if it has heated mirrors or not though!

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Bought the wife a Corsa Griffin a couple of weeks back, has Winter Pack as well as lots of other nice touches... but this morning it was -7 c, screen defrosted nicely, lovely heated seats, and steering wheel... but I cannot believe it, the mirrors do not appear to be heated?
My 2013 ecoflex has them...
Q are they just not working... or have Vx decided for whatever reason not to fit them?
Makes a mockery of the advert... It's included as standard to all the features!

elsid

Post by elsid » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:41 am

Sounds familiar, must be saving them for the Viva as well.
Corsa Excite 5 door 1.0T 2015 (65 plate) Winter Pack.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Ltd edition model so they have removed that.

Decent spec still

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Posted this in the introductions page 'Corsa Griffin'...

i have just checked the brochure, they are definitely listed within the spec... so have emailed the main dealer and asked them how they or vauxhall are going to remedy this,

to quote

Any product you buy should be of ‘satisfactory quality’ and in the case of a car you can reasonably expect it to.

- Get you from A to B without breaking down
- Work as expected without any faults
- Be as described in any advert, brochure or order sheet

If the car fails to meet one or more of those criteria and the dealer hasn’t been able to remedy it, you’re within your rights to reject it as being of unsatisfactory quality. Your rights were previously protected by the Sales of Goods Act but anything bought since October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act, which is subtly different and works a little more in your favour.

This could be interesting, as i have suggested they may have to undertake a product recall, which will be 2000 vehicles to resolve this?

Bogbrush

Post by Bogbrush » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm

My Sept 2018 Excite has heated mirrors
2018 1.4T

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 pm

And the dealership are taking it in next week to understand what has gone wrong?

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:00 am

My 2017 Energy has heated everything, including door mirrors!

If the brochure states that it has heated door mirrors and it doesn't, and you still have a copy of the brochure then they are guilty of misrepresentation, and from a legal standpoint, you are entitled to reject the vehicle with a) the dealer if you paid cash or b) the finance cosmpany if on finance/PCP.

Jaguar Land Rover published a brochure for a particular model back in 2017 stating service intervals were 2 years/21000 miles, whichever comes sooner. This particular vehicles engine has oil dilution problems, and cannot reach 9000 miles before requiring an oil change. Hundreds of these vehicles are being rejected every week, and the dealers are not even contesting them - they are just accepting them back, as the company doesn't want the negative exposure.

If it's documented, it has to be there - no exceptions!
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

kickassmc2000

Post by kickassmc2000 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:07 am

Hi All,

I don't post on here must, but have owned a Corsa E Excite AC MY15 from new.

The MY15 excites did not come with heated door mirrors as standard. Unless you have optional parking assist if I remember correctly.

Headed mirrors were fitted as standard when the Excite model was replaced with the Energy model in 2016 I believe.

Anyway, for the last 8 months or so meaning to fit some heated mirrors to my car. I brought a pair of Corsa D heated mirrors off eBay. My plan is to remove the door cards and miirrors and fit the Corsa D mirrors. I believe non heated have two wires and heated has four. I'm hoping the cars loom has four wires going to the connector, so the Corsa D mirrors will plug straight in.

Will keep you all posted, I'll try and do it this weekend while the weather's nice and before the winter.
Corsa E - Excite A/C - 1.4NA Ecoflex - Summit White - 3dr

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”