Speed Camera Detectors

The place to discuss everything else..

Speed Camera Detectors

Post by john002 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 am

Speed Camera Detectors.

Anybody with good reviews with one of these ?

Has to be dashboard mounted, we are planning a few long tours around U.K. could be very helpful.

2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX Excite (AC) , 3 Door, Shiny Rocks (Wifes)
2011 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 3 door (Mine )

Re: Speed Camera Detectors

Post by Moog70 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 am

I had (still have, up in the loft somewhere) a Snooper Radar/Laser detector.

It used to drive me mad 15 years ago as it was constantly alerting due to infra-red/wi-fi/traffic lights etc, to the point that it got on my wick and I removed it from my Omega at the time, where it's been gathering dust ever since. I believe that they are illegal to use now in any event.

I don't bother with anything in the Corsa now, however the Discovery seems to have an alert function built in, which warns you before you pass a camera some 100ft before you hit it. And you don't have to have the sat-Nav enabled for it to alert you either. A much better system IMHO
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

Re: Speed Camera Detectors

Post by mattb_srivx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Most modern Sat Navs have an inbuilt database of known fixed camera locations and I think Tom Toms also include user data from where mobile ones are likely to be. Like the live traffic though there is a subscription for it after about a year. Another added bonus is they also show you the current speed limit of the road your driving on and you can set them to beep if you exceed the limit.

As with everything though even the radar/laser ones aren't 100% accurate and as said above can be set off by other things these days. So you'd probably get a fair few false alarms.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”