I'm out of here!

The place to discuss everything else..
mercury

Re: I'm out of here!

Post by mercury » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:49 pm

liverpaul wrote:
mattb_srivx wrote:
liverpaul wrote:I too are on pcp and I can get rid of of my car after half of the time elapses.
Interesting you should say that, a couple of my mates have got new cars on PCP and one of them was able to give the car back after half way through the term and owe nothing... not sure how it works or if it's possible to do that on every deal, it might be in the small print? Could be worth looking into.
Yeah I can do this but ATM I'm just short so I'm able to sell it which I didn't think it could. I think id need wait until April for mine to break that milestone. I've put up with low litre cars for my partner for last 4 years so my next car is Gona be a big litre just to experience it

Have a check of your finance agreement, mine states I can hand back (with no penalty) after half the total price has been paid.

For example:

My car's total amount payable price is £11,327.38, when I have paid back £5663.69 I can hand the car back and walk away. I pay around £164 per month so would take 35 months to pay that figure. The agreement is for 4 years so after about 3 I can voluntarily terminate.

Finance agreements will differ depending on deposit paid and monthly payments. To say you can hand back at halfway point in time isn't true for all circumstances.

HTH

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Interesting you should say that, a couple of my mates have got new cars on PCP and one of them was able to give the car back after half way through the term and owe nothing... not sure how it works or if it's possible to do that on every deal, it might be in the small print? Could be worth looking into.[/quote]
Yeah I can do this but ATM I'm just short so I'm able to sell it which I didn't think it could. I think id need wait until April for mine to break that milestone. I've put up with low litre cars for my partner for last 4 years so my next car is Gona be a big litre just to experience it[/quote]

Have a check of your finance agreement, mine states I can hand back (with no penalty) after half the total price has been paid.

For example:

My car's total amount payable price is £11,327.38, when I have paid back £5663.69 I can hand the car back and walk away. I pay around £164 per month so would take 35 months to pay that figure. The agreement is for 4 years so after about 3 I can voluntarily terminate.

Finance agreements will differ depending on deposit paid and monthly payments. To say you can hand back at halfway point in time isn't true for all circumstances.

HTH[/quote]
Yeah I can sorry if I didn't put that clear enough . Yeah I phoned them up and and he basically said I'm not at the halfway point just yet I think I was 5 months , from the day I phoned, but I could sell the car IF I wanted get rid early. But I'm waiting until the date to voluntary terminate. I need to phone up to see how I'm doing and when it's due as I lost the paperwork they sent me

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:53 pm

That would be the best bet then you can start a fresh. If your going to get a new/nearly new car again though I'd make sure you're going to be happy with it! Some dealers do 24 hour test drives on newer models so that could be worth while to get a real feel for the car rather than just a quick half hour to an hour. So could be worth looking into that. If you like to change car often leasing could be something to consider as well, you can often afford a better car then you would otherwise be able to compared to PCP or HP but you never actually own the car and have to give it back to the dealer at the end of the term in the condition laid out in your contract e.g. a certain mileage, no obvious major damage to the bodywork and alloys etc.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 pm

mattb_srivx wrote:That would be the best bet then you can start a fresh. If your going to get a new/nearly new car again though I'd make sure you're going to be happy with it! Some dealers do 24 hour test drives on newer models so that could be worth while to get a real feel for the car rather than just a quick half hour to an hour. So could be worth looking into that. If you like to change car often leasing could be something to consider as well, you can often afford a better car then you would otherwise be able to compared to PCP or HP but you never actually own the car and have to give it back to the dealer at the end of the term in the condition laid out in your contract e.g. a certain mileage, no obvious major damage to the bodywork and alloys etc.
Oh I was happy and still am just I could do without the monthly payments. It's the best Vauxhall I've driven and best corsa, minus gearbox and intellink

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”