Car cleaning products

The place to discuss everything else..
Hockeyplayer11

Car cleaning products

Post by Hockeyplayer11 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Seeing as this is my first new car I intend to keep it as clean as possible! So I wanted to ask around on which products people use? Are their any products that are better for new cars than older ones?

I've had a little look on Amazon and the three that are top of the search are Auto Glym, Kent and Meguiars. I know Auto Glym are in essence the market leaders, but I suspect their are other less well known products out there that do just a good a job.
Ryan Kelly,
White, Limited Edition 1.0 Turbo

Klesmy

Re: Car cleaning products

Post by Klesmy » Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 pm

Used auto glym for years got a selection of new bottles for the corsa
MY15 1.4 na Red Sting. Team Hekos fitted

daparky

Post by daparky » Wed May 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Hockeyplayer11

Post by Hockeyplayer11 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks, but that's only Auto Glym products. I was wondering if any one had used any other products and how they compared to others.
Ryan Kelly,

D3RV15H

Post by D3RV15H » Wed May 06, 2015 5:51 pm

I went to Halfords and got a selection of Meguiars stuff. Really good stuff, like wheel cleaner, pads, mitts and car shampoo. The one I got was a little pack with extra microfibre clothes and polish. There is also a website called http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk which is good for a lance for your jet wash (which is amazing and a must have imo) and the snow foam products. Have a look :)

anthony

Post by anthony » Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 pm

cannot go wrong with either Autoglym or Maguire's product's

above link would not work for me ,try this one http://www.autobright.co.uk/

larz87

Post by larz87 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Recommend Autoglym and Meguiars, both are easy to use and I think Halfords have still got their 2 for 3 offer on at the moment.

I've been branching out and trying some different products though, found a Wax made by DoDo Juice, smells great and awesome finish. Been using Chemical Guys on the Corsa and thats come up stunning.

Have a look at www.juicydetailing.co.uk for help and tips, theres loads of guides on there and great products to

Theres some great videos on youtube from Chemical Guys too, about all their products. Autoglym is ok video wise but they do suggest using some WRONG products

D3RV15H

Post by D3RV15H » Fri May 08, 2015 3:01 pm

anthony wrote:cannot go wrong with either Autoglym or Maguire's product's

above link would not work for me ,try this one http://www.autobright.co.uk/
The link you posted isn't the same company. They have copied autobritedirect and use a similar name and site to lure people in. Their products aren't as good.

Hockeyplayer11

Post by Hockeyplayer11 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:29 pm

larz87 wrote:Recommend Autoglym and Meguiars, both are easy to use and I think Halfords have still got their 2 for 3 offer on at the moment.

I've been branching out and trying some different products though, found a Wax made by DoDo Juice, smells great and awesome finish. Been using Chemical Guys on the Corsa and thats come up stunning.

Have a look at http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk for help and tips, theres loads of guides on there and great products to

Theres some great videos on youtube from Chemical Guys too, about all their products. Autoglym is ok video wise but they do suggest using some WRONG products
Thanks for the website. I had a look at them videos on the chemical guys channel and watched that series where they cleaned the '96 Honda. Wow is all I have to say. Some transformation that was, looks stunning.
Ryan Kelly,

larz87

Post by larz87 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Hockeyplayer11 wrote: Thanks for the website. I had a look at them videos on the chemical guys channel and watched that series where they cleaned the '96 Honda. Wow is all I have to say. Some transformation that was, looks stunning.
They've got some great videos, honestly spent an evening watching loads of them. Check out AMMO NYC, on youtube, the guy Larry is a detailing pro and his videos are excellent. Little long winded but you can tell hes passionate about it all

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”