Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

fuel range display

45K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Kazz513 
#1 ·
Got a week old 1.4 energy and it may sound dumb but how do you get the fuel range, mpg to show on the dash, I get trip 1,2 tyre pressure, oil life etc but none of the fuel figures, had a gtc Sri before the corsa and that had it so it was like the same layout, the corsas probably doesn't have this feature but thought I'd ask the question.

#4 ·
The MY15 Excites had the full trip computer, but it was removed from MY16 Energy cars. Another disappointed owner here, especially as they left the digital speedo on it that is no longer needed due to the upgraded speedo dials.

#8 ·
I'd much rather have the digital speedo, my golf's speedo was set out so far apart, there was a good 1-1.5cm between 10, 20, 30, 40 etc whereas the corsa it's tiny, I can't even cope reading off it so I love my digital speedo. Never even look at the mpg hah

#10 ·
FirestoneDK said:
LeachiE said:
So do I! But given a choice I would rather have the mpg readouts!
Why would you rather have the MPG readout? It's far from accurate, therefor is it quite useless to have.
It is not far from accurate!

Mine is about 5% out but that is consistently out. The figures are still very useful for getting the maximum mpg from your car as you are comparing figures from the same car over a period of time so it is largely irrelevent if they are 100% accurate.

The instant mpg reading allows you to easily see whether the gear you are in is the correct gear for the conditions and I have achieved far higher mpg by using the instant mpg reading to judge gears on hills than rely on the dash gear change warning which would have you labouring the engine up steep inclines doing 20mpg instead of dropping a gear and getting 40mpg. While in my old Land Rovers I can feel and hear what the engine is doing so don't need any electronics, in the Corsa the engine is very quiet at cruising rpms's and there is very little feedback to the driver so the mpg readouts are very useful. Also my Corsa will pull 6th up a very steep hill with very little obvious to the driver that anything is wrong other than the 10mpg on the instant....

The two trip mpg figures are great and I use them all the time. One to record whole tank mpg and the other to record individual journeys. I use fuelly to record mpg too and the trip is usually pretty close to actual. eg. 60mpg on trip will be an actual on fuelly of about 57mpg.

I would never buy a new car without the mpg readings as in my experience they gain you far higher mpg over the long term than cars without them fitted.

PS. The digital speedo is equally inaccurate anyway. I use a GPS Speedo and that shows the dash digital speedo to be about 5% over reading. Eg. At 67mph on GPS my digital speedo reads 70mph. Some people have different levels of accuracy depnding on tyre pressures and wheels fitted. It seems the speed sensor is calibrated for a certain tyre pressure (possibly light load) but I run my 215/45R17 tyres at eco pressures so they are slightly larger in diameter than it light pressures which causes an under reading on the computer.

#11 ·
Mud4fun, How does the mileage reading stack up against a known distance on the motorway? Accurate or 5% under?

I run tyres on comfort (30psi), and the digital speedo and the dial speedos are both 10% OVER against gps and roadside warnings. I.e. Speedos say 33 for true 30.

Dial and digital speedos agree over the range 10 to 70. Never been any faster.

#12 ·
No idea Jarviser as I haven't checked the Corsa against motorway markers. They are in km's anyway I think. I know my GPS is accurate though.

It is illegal to have a speedo that reads lower than actual speed so most manufacturers gear the speedo to over read as you are legally allowed upto 10% over reading (eg. Speedo says 77 when actual is 70mph).

#13 ·
Might be dragging up an old post, but very disappointed about the lack of an MPG figure.
Had it on my previous two cars (a 2008 Peugeot 207 and a 2011 Megane) and found the figures very useful for working out the cost of journeys and adjusting my driving to improve MPG.
Otherwise happy with my 1.4 Energy (2016) so far, though I've only had it one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.