fuel range display

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
peejay

fuel range display

Post by peejay » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Got a week old 1.4 energy and it may sound dumb but how do you get the fuel range, mpg to show on the dash, I get trip 1,2 tyre pressure, oil life etc but none of the fuel figures, had a gtc Sri before the corsa and that had it so it was like the same layout, the corsas probably doesn't have this feature but thought I'd ask the question.

Jarviser

Re: fuel range display

Post by Jarviser » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 pm

some corsa Es have it, some don't. Dont think Energy has full data.

Richard_D

Post by Richard_D » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 pm

peejay wrote:Got a week old 1.4 energy and it may sound dumb but how do you get the fuel range, mpg to show on the dash, I get trip 1,2 tyre pressure, oil life etc but none of the fuel figures, had a gtc Sri before the corsa and that had it so it was like the same layout, the corsas probably doesn't have this feature but thought I'd ask the question.
I have an 1.4 Energy and its the same as yours.
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm

The MY15 Excites had the full trip computer, but it was removed from MY16 Energy cars. Another disappointed owner here, especially as they left the digital speedo on it that is no longer needed due to the upgraded speedo dials.
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

Richard_D

Post by Richard_D » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

LeachiE wrote:The MY15 Excites had the full trip computer, but it was removed from MY16 Energy cars. Another disappointed owner here, especially as they left the digital speedo on it that is no longer needed due to the upgraded speedo dials.
I like the digital speedo :roll:
Corsa Energy A/C 1.4 90ps Asteroid Grey

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:43 pm

So do I! But given a choice I would rather have the mpg readouts!
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

FirestoneDK

Post by FirestoneDK » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm

LeachiE wrote:So do I! But given a choice I would rather have the mpg readouts!
Why would you rather have the MPG readout? It's far from accurate, therefor is it quite useless to have.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm

I'd much rather have the digital speedo, my golf's speedo was set out so far apart, there was a good 1-1.5cm between 10, 20, 30, 40 etc whereas the corsa it's tiny, I can't even cope reading off it so I love my digital speedo. Never even look at the mpg hah
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

peejay

Post by peejay » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks for the replys people

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:10 pm

FirestoneDK wrote:
LeachiE wrote:So do I! But given a choice I would rather have the mpg readouts!
Why would you rather have the MPG readout? It's far from accurate, therefor is it quite useless to have.
It is not far from accurate!

Mine is about 5% out but that is consistently out. The figures are still very useful for getting the maximum mpg from your car as you are comparing figures from the same car over a period of time so it is largely irrelevent if they are 100% accurate.

The instant mpg reading allows you to easily see whether the gear you are in is the correct gear for the conditions and I have achieved far higher mpg by using the instant mpg reading to judge gears on hills than rely on the dash gear change warning which would have you labouring the engine up steep inclines doing 20mpg instead of dropping a gear and getting 40mpg. While in my old Land Rovers I can feel and hear what the engine is doing so don't need any electronics, in the Corsa the engine is very quiet at cruising rpms's and there is very little feedback to the driver so the mpg readouts are very useful. Also my Corsa will pull 6th up a very steep hill with very little obvious to the driver that anything is wrong other than the 10mpg on the instant....

The two trip mpg figures are great and I use them all the time. One to record whole tank mpg and the other to record individual journeys. I use fuelly to record mpg too and the trip is usually pretty close to actual. eg. 60mpg on trip will be an actual on fuelly of about 57mpg.

I would never buy a new car without the mpg readings as in my experience they gain you far higher mpg over the long term than cars without them fitted.

PS. The digital speedo is equally inaccurate anyway. I use a GPS Speedo and that shows the dash digital speedo to be about 5% over reading. Eg. At 67mph on GPS my digital speedo reads 70mph. Some people have different levels of accuracy depnding on tyre pressures and wheels fitted. It seems the speed sensor is calibrated for a certain tyre pressure (possibly light load) but I run my 215/45R17 tyres at eco pressures so they are slightly larger in diameter than it light pressures which causes an under reading on the computer.
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

Return to “Faults & Technical”