Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Engine management light and "ESC Service"

48K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Stevenwood27 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

I got my new 67 plate 1.4 Corsa last Wednesday, all been good until this evening when I came to drive him. The esc light was illuminated and my engine management light was flashing. My power wasn't as it should be. I've done 90 miles in the car and I'm incredibly worried as you don't expect this sort of problem with a new car - or so I thought! Apologies if this doesn't make much sense but I don't know too much about Corsas as a whole and I just needed some help/advice from anyone who may know the problem or has experienced it themselves.

Thanks
Rebecca

#3 ·
FirestoneDK said:
Disconnect the negative battery cable over night to reset faults. If it reappears you should take your car to your dealers garage.
Sorry FirestoneDK I'm not sure how to do that? Is this a common fault? I'm concerned as the car seemed to have lost power temporarily. I'm obviously confused as it's brand new and I didn't anticipate any issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.