Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Canbus

14K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Nickosnose 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm Barry and live in Hull. I have a 65 plate Corsa E 1.2 Design and want to know whether or not it is Can bus equipped ? All I am wanting to do is replace reversing light bulb with an LED one.
Would appreciate any input. Cheers

#2 ·
Good evening, Barry: first of all , I can confirm that the E does have canbus. This means that you get a bulb failure warning if an open-circuit occurs. If you wish to fit an LED reversing light, do a search for "canbus LED bulbs" (I just did) and take it from there: there's loads available. They probably include a resistor to simulate a 21W filament bulb. Hope this is useful.

#4 ·
I found the E very sensitive to bulb change...i done my numberplate lights which took 3 goes to find error free bulbs that didn't put up a failure message which is strange because they worked in my Insignia no problem..

Also i think the reversing bulb isn't your bog standard 21w fitting as i took mine out to change and had nothing anywhere near close to fitting..

You could try here....

https://www.lushlightingcity.co.uk/store/product-details.php?page=vauxhall-corsa-e-&product=corsa-e-corsa-e-led-reverse-light-canbus-error-free-xenon-white-corsa-e-reverse

#6 ·
wheelchair said:
Hello Paul, Thanks for your help. So would I be correct in assuming that the bulbs that state ' canbus error free' would be the ones I need ? Thanks again
In theory, yes, but also be aware that CAN-equipped vehicles that use a FET's can sometimes need an additional resistor kit as well. The rear number plate lamps on our 2013 Freelander 2 are a case in point - no output from the CAN compatible LED's, and needed a further resistor kit. I believe Osram offer a plug and play solution for this, possibly available at Hell-frauds or other Motor Factors online.

#10 ·
Nickosnose said:
I really don't see how changing a few bulbs will effect saving the planet...
10 million cars running 100 watts of normal bulbs is 1 Gigawatt. And produced by burning petrol or diesel. Not much compared to the power used to move the cars around but still measurable in CO2 and NOx.
But by the time all cars run non cambus LED main lights we will have a different world anyway.
Typical 100 bhp car is 75 kilowatts. 10 million of them is 750 Gigawatts. Do we have the generating capacity? Nope.
20 million homes need another 750 gigawatts of generation to replace typical 36kilowatt gas boilers.
Glad I'll be dead by then but you younger ones had better make sure the government builds a few more nuclear generators because windmills will not cut it. Going to have to walk everywhere and wrap up warm at home otherwise.
Anyhow...
I was thinking more about battery drain generally this time of year. If the twonks at GM had thought even to put plain LEDs into tail lights then parking light drain and bulb failure would have been negligible.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.