Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Ambient Temperature Fault / sensor / ECU?

13K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Susan44 
#1 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part
Hey, had a few issues with my Corsa E sting 2015 1.4 90bhp where the temperature gague randomly reads -15 , -17 degrees Celsius despite outside temps being above freezing and warm ish. This issue use to present with a low tyre pressure TPMS warning in which the only way to make it disappear was waiting. Engine reset wouldn't work. Once the temp looked like it was on the climb back up from the sub zero temps the TPMS warning would disappear too. I'm just thinking maybe I should get something replaced before the warranty is up ?

Any clues to what may be the issue ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've got the sting too, I have the same issue but have tracked it down to having the radio on before I put the key in the ignition. That's the only time it happens. Tpms randomly throws up pressure fault or says it can't see any of the wheels but that normally goes after a couple of miles

#4 ·
I used to get it on R3 Intellilink until the first software update. I have no idea if the radio you have has software updates available. I didnt they had much "intelligence" and therefore usually more reliable than intellicrap.
Its usually only temporary and obvious when it displays wrong.

#6 ·
#7 ·
:evil: so I take my car in for its service to the Arnold Clark Vauxhall garage in Carmondean livingston and the service and repair manager said that the GM document is 2 years out of date, stating that they can't fix the issue because it's not present every time they check the vehicle. That despite it being an intermittent issue they need to supply Vauxhall with the evidence for the update to be done under warranty repair. Despite my arguments they still won't consider it. The cars over 2 years old so why would it matter if the document is 2 years old .... any suggestions from yous guys on what I should do next ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.