Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Road/Tyre Noise and droning - Corsa VX-Line

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  shazman 
#1 ·
Anyone else have pretty loud tyre/road noise from a corsa vx-line? It's making me want to set the entire car on fire. :|

Continental Eco Contact 5 215/45 R17 V (87)

Sounds like a bearing but the noise goes away on 1 road I drive on, most other times it's a god damn loud droning noise from 20mph.

What did you do to solve it? New tyres? Seems a kick in the teeth to buy this car new then buy 4 new tyres to get rid of this awful droning noise. :(

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

shazman, what size are your tyres on that LE?

The noise coming off my car is there from 5mph right up until you can't hear it over normal driving speed/noise :(

It's a constant drone and it's just the same level of noise all the time, doesn't really spool up like a bearing tbh, just the same constant pitch/noise.

It's been in & out of Vauxhall a few times, they changed front left wheel bearing and an engine mount - but now they say it's tyre noise (and eventually charged me £52 for that diagnosis), so after driving on / off grass and swapping over a smaller (14") spare wheel on different sides, I thought I had traced it to the front left tyre being out of shape as the noise went away with a 14" spare wheel on.

Went and got a new tyre and the noise it still there :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.