Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Help with parts :/ do vxr parts fit my 1.4T?

11K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MaGiikzZx 
#1 ·
I have a 66 plate Corsa E 1.4T VX-Line Sri, I have had it remapped and I'm planning on putting an after market intercooler on along with an Induction kit, full exhaust system and body kit with bonnet vents. However I just need to know if Corsa E VXR parts will fit? My model?

#2 ·
What parts are you looking to fit?

Body parts I would say would probably be interchangeable like bumpers and skirts.

As for exhaust I'm unsure I know the new GSi has the same body kit are the VXR but has the 1.4T engine with the same style of exhaust but unsure if it has had to be redesigned for a smaller pipe or not.

#4 ·
You'd be better off getting items designed for the 1.4T. Are you planning on getting it remapped again after fitting all these components? Generally it's advised to fit them first and then get it remapped.

The reason is simple is part for the VXR would have been designed specifically for the 1.6 Direct Injection Turbo engine that the VXR uses and will most not work in the expected way on a 1.4T.

#5 ·
Also taking to account the gains you would probably have got from 100BHP to what a stage one normally would be which is about 180BHP have you looked at brakes etc on car?

I know for a fact from 1.4T 100 doesn't stop as well as the 1.4 125 Astra Sport Tourer I had so if I was looking to remap i'd almost certainly want to upgrade the brakes and maybe the tyres too depending on what are fitted.

Maybe nice the car being able to go faster but you need it to stop too :)

#6 ·
Like M400WST has said probably best to look at parts for the car you have, their is no difference in engine from 100bhp to the 150bhp other than the factory map.

Also the tires and brakes are something normally overlooked as well as suspension.

If you do fit a VRX kit to your car or even just the rear defuser you could probably get a custom exhaust for the same price you would pay for a VXR one. Also on induction kit you are best getting an enclosed unit to save from heat soak from the engine if you are doing mainly start stop driving if not and want the noise I would go for a cone filter.

Other thing like suspension would be down to driving style and personal choice but if your making it go faster and stop better then handling is worth considering.

#7 ·
Yes I'm planning to stage 3 remap after I fit all the parts but I can't find any for the 1.4T specifically, I have looked around but a lot of parts are vxr parts... Such as intercooler and induction, however the under the bonnet vxr and 1.4T look similar so parts should fit :/

#8 ·
I would say you maybe best off speaking to one of the companies that fit or manufacture these items, they will be able to help and tell you whether they fit.

Companies like https://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/ may not list items but if you contact them they maybe able to help.

I did a quick google for an intercooler, one result said it was for a 1.4. Although the description mentions VXR, You have to remember a lot of these companies are small and will just copy and paste the description rather than removing the VXR bit.

You are right the 1.4 engine will be smaller than the 1.6 in the VXR so the space in the engine bay will be mean things will fit. In the case of the intercooler above if I was unsure because it said VXR in the description I would just pick up the phone and speak to them as they are the experts :)

#9 ·
Bruce_19 said:
Like M400WST has said probably best to look at parts for the car you have, their is no difference in engine from 100bhp to the 150bhp other than the factory map.

Also the tires and brakes are something normally overlooked as well as suspension.

Other thing like suspension would be down to driving style and personal choice but if your making it go faster and stop better then handling is worth considering.
Great post - eminently sensible! The 150bhp 1.4T has different (larger diameter) brakes from the 100bhp so anyone (like me) considering a remap to circa 150bhp should always look at stopping power but make the mods inside factory parameters. There have been too many accidents caused by the well intentioned fitting powerful disks to the rear of their little Corsa because they look cool compared with drums. The problem is that over braking the rear can induce the car to spin in adverse weather

#10 ·
M400WST said:
Also taking to account the gains you would probably have got from 100BHP to what a stage one normally would be which is about 180BHP have you looked at brakes etc on car?

I know for a fact from 1.4T 100 doesn't stop as well as the 1.4 125 Astra Sport Tourer I had so if I was looking to remap i'd almost certainly want to upgrade the brakes and maybe the tyres too depending on what are fitted.

Maybe nice the car being able to go faster but you need it to stop too :)
Agreed. The brakes are larger on the factory 150bhp model compared with the 100bhp

#11 ·
Airtec do an intercooler specifically for the 1.4T
Enhance performance do a de-cat and exhaust system for the 1.4T
The above should see 190-200bhp when mapped with good quality fuel

As mentioned, it's worth looking at the suspension and brakes because as standard they aren't great. You don't need to go daft to make a nice improvement.

Eibach springs are good without completely destroying the ride comfort like some cheaper springs or coilovers can.
Brakes wise braided lines and fresh fluid will give a slight improvement. Your never going to make a huge difference unless you go for a larger diameter disc really.
Tyres, important and often overlooked. Pointless getting your car to good power/handling then putting budget ditch-finder tyres on :lol:

#12 ·
Bogbrush said:
Great post - eminently sensible! The 150bhp 1.4T has different (larger diameter) brakes from the 100bhp so anyone (like me) considering a remap to circa 150bhp should always look at stopping power but make the mods inside factory parameters. There have been too many accidents caused by the well intentioned fitting powerful disks to the rear of their little Corsa because they look cool compared with drums. The problem is that over braking the rear can induce the car to spin in adverse weather
Totally agree, it's all good looking cool. But when upgrading the brakes get some one who knows what there are doing to spec and fit them as like you say you need the bias so match factory parameters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.