Best Cleaning Products?

All Corsa E related discussions
AM02

Best Cleaning Products?

Post by AM02 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Want to take some pride in my new black LE Corsa and clean it myself. So was wondering what the best relatively cheap cleaning products out there are for a nice clean shinny finish.

fieldcj

Re: Best Cleaning Products?

Post by fieldcj » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:55 pm

I picked up an 8 bottle AutoGlym set off of eBay. Brand new was about £25 if I remember. A lot of people get these AutoProtect sets with new cars and never use them. Came in a swanky case too with loads of microfibre cloths.. I also picked up a large Meguiars bucket and stone/debris filter thing too. Takes me about an hour to snow foam, wash and then aqua wax the car and clean/dress the tyres and wheels. Although AutoGlym may not be the best it was a good 'test kit' to see how long the honeymoon period of self cleaning goes. I think the Meguiars range is good. I'd like to do a ceramic coat on it in the new year too.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

AM02

Post by AM02 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 pm

How often do you clean your car?

fieldcj

Post by fieldcj » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Ha... No definite answer to that... It's a white LE 1.4t so shd be every week lol but isn't. Ideally every couple of weeks but life gets in the way sometimes

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:37 pm

i use the rain!

fieldcj

Post by fieldcj » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Marksparks wrote:i use the rain!

WaxedPerfection

Post by WaxedPerfection » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 pm

HI, first post from me so best make it a good one.

while most reach for AutoGlym or Meguiar's there are some new kids on the block, Some i really rate are Ez Car Care, Detailed Online, OCD Finish or Evoke Car Wax.

Depending on your budget, I would have a look at EZ Car Care https://amzn.to/2Ms4Ci1 OR Detailed Online https://amzn.to/31oowi3 . I hope this helps.

I like and use Detailed Online on my Impreza and Corsa SRi both with great results.

fieldcj

Post by fieldcj » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:22 am

Hi WP

Thanks for this. Wasn't really aware of any if these. I like the look of the detailedonline range. Tell me please, I am interested in clay barring and then ceramic waxing my car... Am I best now to wait until spring or try and get it done before winter kicks in? Would would I suggest. I've got a white 1.4t LE and it looks mint when clean but doesn't stay white too long in this weather so any long lasting protection/waxes/advice that I can use to help out would muchly! Thank you

WaxedPerfection

Post by WaxedPerfection » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

for some solid advice on all of the below. From Detailing World Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQ99c ... Gbqa7ipWww

I like the look of the detailedonline range. // Yes they have some great product in there line up, but EZ have better pricing slightly

I am interested in clay barring and then ceramic waxing my car... Am I best now to wait until spring or try and get it done before winter kicks in?
// Clay wise anytime is fine, you will just need a garage ideally for the ceramic wax. it cures better with a warm day, (not hot) again Detailed Online, or Evoke Car Wax waxes are ideal

I've got a white 1.4t LE and it looks mint when clean but doesn't stay white too long in this weather so any long lasting protection/waxes/advice that I can use to help out would muchly! // White will always be a colour thats hard to keep clean, but if you dont mind putting in a couple of days work, white can be a the best colour, ideally

Wash
De Tar
De Iron
Clay
Wash
Glaze / Polish
Wax
and keep looking good with a ceramic detailer.

I hope this helps, but have a detailing world youtube marathon and you will get some cracking advice from Matt

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”