intellilink not opening android auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic
Junx

intellilink not opening android auto

Post by Junx » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Vauxhall want £95 just to diagnose the problem.

Basically android auto doesnt open and my phone just flashes the screen. I have confirmed its not my phone as it works flawlessly in my dad's skoda.

Its not the cable either because if you use voice activation it randomly opens up...

wtf is going on?

Junx

Re: intellilink not opening android auto

Post by Junx » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:09 pm

known issue with all GM mylink systems.

Junx

Post by Junx » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm

VX known about this issue since Jul 28 2016

internal document:

vittorio3@vipmail.hu

Post by vittorio3@vipmail.hu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi everyone!

I've found a solution in a german Corsa forum site, that I'd like to share with you. That's why I'm a newbie here, I just registered to help you.

Firstly I bought a new USB data cable, because the previous one has been broken. The new one is a high quality flexible cable and costs only about 5 pounds (at least in my country)
The cable model is:
AXAGON BUCM-AM05SB 0,5m USB-C USB-A data cable

So the solution I've found to get the latest Android Auto version (4.9.594934-release arm64-v8a) work is as follows:
- Make sure that Deezer application is installed on your android phone (I've a Sony Xperia 10 mobile with Android 9)
- Before connecting your phone to your car start Deezer application
- Start to play any song in Deezer application then pause it, leave Deezer application running in the background
- Connect your phone to your car
- After a couple of seconds Android Auto icon should appear on your car's display
- If Android Auto icon is not showing on your car display, don't panic, just enter Deezer application on your phone and start to play a song. Now after couple of seconds Android Auto icon should really appear on your car's display. On success you can pause Deezer playing music.

A checked my Corsa's IntelliLink version and it's rather old 12.6.2, still managed to work with newest Android Auto.

Despite of this tricky solution, I'm planning to upgrade my car's firmware to the latest one, but I haven't got a confirmation yet from my dealer.

I hope it helps you fellows. :)

Good luck,
Vittorio

Calavera86

Post by Calavera86 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm

vittorio3@vipmail.hu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:51 pm
Hi everyone!

I've found a solution in a german Corsa forum site, that I'd like to share with you. That's why I'm a newbie here, I just registered to help you.

Firstly I bought a new USB data cable, because the previous one has been broken. The new one is a high quality flexible cable and costs only about 5 pounds (at least in my country)
The cable model is:

So the solution I've found to get the latest Android Auto version (4.9.594934-release arm64-v8a) work is as follows:
- Make sure that Deezer application is installed on your android phone (I've a Sony Xperia 10 mobile with Android 9)
- Start to play any song in Deezer application then pause it, leave Deezer application running in the background
- After a couple of seconds Android Auto icon should appear on your car's display
- If Android Auto icon is not showing on your car display, don't panic, just enter Deezer application on your phone and start to play a song. Now after couple of seconds Android Auto icon should really appear on your car's display. On success you can pause Deezer playing music.

A checked my Corsa's IntelliLink version and it's rather old 12.6.2, still managed to work with newest Android Auto.

Despite of this tricky solution, I'm planning to upgrade my car's firmware to the latest one, but I haven't got a confirmation yet from my dealer.

Good luck,
Vittorio
Has this actually worked for anyone?

Junx

Post by Junx » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Calavera86 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm
vittorio3@vipmail.hu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:51 pm
Hi everyone!

The cable model is:

Good luck,
Vittorio
Has this actually worked for anyone?
Yes, this is a work around but you have todo it everytime you plug in your phone.

vittorio3@vipmail.hu

Post by vittorio3@vipmail.hu » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 am

Hi folks!

Finally I got an appointment from my dealership, so I went to have my headunit updated and now it's working. They updated to the latest version which is now 36.2.6 (May 14th 2018) and there were no issues at all. It took only 2 hours, and I was ready to go. There was only one catch. They couldn't do it for free, because Opel refused to have it done under warranty (my car still has half a year warranty). I had to pay approx. 110 GBP (calculated from HUF to GBP exchange rate), so it wasn't cheap but it was worth it. Now the radio channel changing is much faster as well, and my front parking radar beeping bug has gone also. Android Auto is working like a charm, and what is more when Google Maps navigation voice is turned on and music is playing in the background (radio or usb playlist or from phone) now the music is not turned off while navigation voice is playing, it's just turning down the volume of music a little bit.

Anyway there is hope for everyone to resolve this problem by headunit software update.

Those who don't have any chance to have this headunit update done I figured out a work around. In case you don't want to use Deezer application, you can use Spotify and it's much easier to achieve Android Auto 4.7 and above to work on older headunit versions.

Follow these steps, it's 100% working (I used it too before my car's update):
1. Connect your phone to the car's usb port
2. Wait until Android Auto fully started and loaded on your phone
3. On your phone start Spotify
4. Wait until Spotify fully started and loaded on your phone
5. Now close (kill) spotify application on your phone
6. After that Android Auto icon would be seen on car's display!

All's well that ends well :)