Service Air Bag Message

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
andrew1210

Service Air Bag Message

Post by andrew1210 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:27 am

Hi,

I've had an issue with my 2015 Corsa E for the past 6 months which I've been unable to get a resolution to. Around 6 months ago I started getting an intermittent "Service Airbag" message on the dash, accompanied by the SRS light. Strangely, stopping and restarting the car would sometimes clear this intermittent message. I checked all the connections under the chairs and reseted them to no avail.

The Vx dealer had the car in on two separate occasions then came to the conclusion (after discussions with Vx) that the air bag control unit needed to be replaced, at a cost of £450! :(

This was done by the dealer at the end of last year, and much to my frustration, the message is back on the dash this morning after 2 months of not showing! I'm waiting on the dealer getting back to me about this, but feel I'm getting nowhere.

Just wondered if anyone here had any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

andrew1210

Re: Service Air Bag Message

Post by andrew1210 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:17 am

and to add to the saga - car went to the dealer yesterday, and for the first day in 10 days, there was no light the entire day - typical.

The only historic code referred to a "loss of comms driver door" and "loss of comms passenger door"?

Dealer said this wouldn't be the issue and cleared these.

Sure enough, the warning is back again this morning!