No sound on any audio input!

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Jarviser

Re: No sound on any audio input!

Post by Jarviser » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Sare1976 wrote:Hi all, I know nothing of cars but my son has a new corsa limited edition, has no audio not even on his indicators, Vauxhall haven't got a clue, and he can't call onstar as has no sound, anyone got an idea what it could be? Tia
All known fixes are already posted earlier in this thread. Unfortunately nothing new to add.
Call onstar on 020 3788 0788

Benjaminodeno

Post by Benjaminodeno » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

Hi all,
I had the very same problem about half a year ago now so im not too sure i remember how it got fixed in all accuracy, but i took it to a dealership i bought it from and i was helped by one of the VX staff members, what he did to fix the problem was turn off the system competely by holding down the power button then switching it back on again then he held down the skip button right or left (sorry cant really remember) for around 10-15 secs, apparently it was a sort of hard reset and the music instantly started playing again from the radio. -Ben

mandbee

Post by mandbee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:26 pm

thank you Ben - I had this issue this morning and I searched for help before I took it to the dealership and when I went out at lunch time still no sound but I tried the reset as you kindly advised and hey ho it burst into sound.

alicekate

Post by alicekate » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 pm

This has happened to my 65 plate corse 1.4 turbo. I took it to my vuxhall dealer and was advised that it is a known issue and that Vauxhall are in the middle of trying to solve the problem. If you turn to another station then back again the sound does reappear. I know that's not ideal in a brand new car but fingers crossed Vauxhall come up with a fix asap.

Lawt

Post by Lawt » Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm

We just tried the solution using the Skip button for a reset and it worked a treat thank you.
Method:
Turn off the audio system completely.
Switch it back on.
Hold down the on/off button and the right hand Skip button at the same time for about 15 seconds.
Bingo.

timbo56

Post by timbo56 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Many thanks Lawt, the sound disappeared last night on my wife's radio, that fix worked

SuperJayBone

Post by SuperJayBone » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 am

66 Plate

I did the:
  • Turn Off
  • Turn ON
  • Hold Power and Right Skip Button
It DID NOT work because I was on DAB Radio.

Make sure you're in FM Radio mode and not DAB

As soon as I tried it in FM Radio mode I heard static through the speakers.
I switch back to DAB and "Hey Presto!"

Hope this helps!

Return to “Faults & Technical”