Subwoofer install to intellilink R4.0

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
dx2z

Subwoofer install to intellilink R4.0

Post by dx2z » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm

See All Pictures

I've been researching and doubting a few months before firing the shot to install the sub in my new Corsa E 5d (Leased car - so no permanent modifications!).
I had some bumps to take (maybe mental to even start doing this to a new car): No converter wiring can be found for the Corsa's intellink R4 system to DIN or something. Where to take power? How do I even get behind the headunit to reach the Audio signals? How do I hide all the wiring? Gound connection?

So, may this post help others.
It took me about 4 hours to completely install the sub.

Final result: Pioneer TS-WS710A under double bottoms in the trunk

Connections to Head Unit (Intellilink R4.0) with custom made splitter, this is a leased car: so no permanent modifications

Power for the Amp is taking from the fusebox. One of few options I don't have is a sunroof (25A), so I used the fuse connection for my Amp (15). The remote signal is taken from the 12V Cigarette plug.

All wiring runs at the drivers side hidden behind trims and under the rear seat (real tight fit to get something under the rear seat)

See All Pictures

Jarviser

Re: Subwoofer install to intellilink R4.0

Post by Jarviser » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:15 am

Great pictures!

Many people have asked so...
How in full detail did you take out the intellilink unit? In particular how did you take off the dash and intelly surround without damage?

dx2z

Post by dx2z » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:34 am

** Disclaimer: When I say though clips: that's from an amateur point of view. One who doesn't have special affection with cars or knows anything about cars or works mechanically on cars. Maybe this standard in car industry, I don't know, It's just my outsiders view.

(The flowing pictures are actually taking during the re-assembly process afterwards.)

You have to use real force to get the first clip undone, from the moment you can use your fingers: do so. But be wary to not overshoot and really break in pieces.

ONLY use your fingers from the top right side (respectively top left side on the left hand side of the display) to loosened up those clips. Those are really though, like really tough, like you will get sweaty while getting those 2 clips undone.

As I did not know where the clips were, I've tried a lot. The biggest trouble spot seemed to be in the corner so I used multiple plastic prying tools to gain more leverage there because I couldn't get my fingers under. Which have left some marks there, unfortunately.

5 More screws, and the head unit/silver box assembly comes out easily.
The dual vent (above the display) just pulls out without any problems.
As you might have noticed, I disconnected the 2 connectors to the fascia to work more easily.

New pictures also added to Imgur album.
Last edited by dx2z on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:15 pm

magic. cheers.

cmartino

Post by cmartino » Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am

What connectors are being used on th splitter?
Intellilink R4 retrofits:

http://intellilinkmods.co.uk/

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Fri May 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Nice, very good guide!
Corsa 1.4 TURBO - 179bhp/203Ft.lbs

dx2z

Post by dx2z » Fri May 05, 2017 6:04 pm

cmartino wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am
What connectors are being used on th splitter?
Standard electronic single-row connectors with 2.54mm pitch glued together to make to required number of pins of 2 rows. Wired with 24AWG silicone wire to split the required signals.

Something like this (but with more pins, 2 of these glued back-to-back):
https://www.google.be/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 0128150280
1 Side is female (as in this picture) other is male. The splitted signal goes to the XLR connector.

cmartino

Post by cmartino » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Hey, I'm referring to the brown connector you have in the back of the Intellilink unit (the physical 20 pin multiconnector) you tap off the original then have a second. I've looked everywhere to try get one and can't find them anywhere!
Intellilink R4 retrofits:

http://intellilinkmods.co.uk/

dx2z

Post by dx2z » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 pm

The brown connector? I don't know, it is the stock connector on the wiring harness connecting to the head unit. I wasn't been able to find a fitting Y-spitter for the connector.

B52

Post by B52 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Dear DX2Z or anyone else with experience in this topic

I have the same R4.0 in my Astra K with the same old brown (and white/grey) connector(s).
I'm about to replace all my speakers and add a subwoofer to the trunk, all driven by a 5ch amplifier. I'll need a good quality LOC for this, but I am not sure yet which one I should choose. Meaning only the LOC will be directly connected to the brown connector, nothing else.

Do you use the factory speakers of the car? (I mean the door speakers, not the sub of course)
Is the R4.0 testing the speakers or is it only Navi900 that is doing it?
Did you have error codes or anything else ?

I am looking forward to your reply and thanks!

Return to “Modifications”