Changing Bulb Behind Hearing Controls

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Gabbo

Changing Bulb Behind Hearing Controls

Post by Gabbo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:03 pm

So Vauxhall want £60 to change the bulb behind the heating controls. The bulb is £1.20, anyoneknow how to remove the plastic surround so I can change it?

mattb_srivx

Re: Changing Bulb Behind Hearing Controls

Post by mattb_srivx » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Not had a look at mine but they usually just pop off with a bit of force. Sometimes they have a couple of screws holding them at the back so you'd have to get your head into the foot well and have a look/feel about. Old credit cards or phone screen removal tools are good for doing car trims. You don't want to use anything metal like a screwdriver because if you slip you'll scratch the hell out of your dash. Good luck!
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

paul.cocallis

Post by paul.cocallis » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 pm

you need to remove the intellilink system then under that there is two screws which hold the heater control pannel on. you will also need to remove the trim what sits around the heater control pannel too then its just a matter of unclipping all the connections to remove the whole heater control unit. id suggest replacing both bulbs while you have it in bits

StockwellElectrics

Post by StockwellElectrics » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:23 pm

I suggest checking this other thread, before starting work or deciding to pay the dealer to replace your bulbs. It may have definitive information by the time you read it.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3536&p=30309#p30309

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:40 pm

For £60 I'd get the dealer to do it as if they damage any trim then they will have to replace it.

If you do decide to let them do then thoroughly inspect the dashboard area to ensure everything is tight and no broken trim parts

devon556

Post by devon556 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Rickardo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:40 pm
For £60 I'd get the dealer to do it as if they damage any trim then they will have to replace it.

If you do decide to let them do then thoroughly inspect the dashboard area to ensure everything is tight and no broken trim parts
I'd second that £60 is really a bargain as a brand new top trim is £125. Like Rickardo said, make sure everything is tight. I'd even take photos before you drop it off there just to be sure.

If you car is older than 3 years you could get a service club card which entitles you to 25% labour (15% for cars younger than 3 years) or if it has a service plan you should be able to get a bulb change with free labour.
2015 Corsa SE 1.4 90PS Automatic.

StockwellElectrics

Post by StockwellElectrics » Sun May 03, 2020 7:00 pm

The heater control module's shroud simply pulls off, and then will click back into place. OK, as it relies upon integral plastic clips, there'll eventually be a failure, as the plastic will suffer fatigue from being flexed, but this may not be within your vehicle's lifetime, especially if you fit decent LED bulbs.